testtest

What Are The Top 5 Gun On Your Buy List For 2023?

Net Engineer

Master Class
I thought it would be interesting to see what the top 5 guns on your buy list (or wish list if you're not planning to actually buy this year) going into 2023, there's a lot of expertise here and having the opportunity to read your opinions is always enlightening.

Don't know if I'll end up being able to buy all of them this year but my 2023 buy list is as follows:

1. Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7: I find this caliber extremely interesting and based on the reviews I've seen this gun has almost no recoil, comes with a threaded barrel, optics cut on the slide and a 22 round capacity. The ergonomics are great and it's small and light enough to be practical for carry.

2. Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical 12 Guage: Thanks to @Bassbob for recommending this one, as a home defense shotgun it's just perfect.

3. Springfield Armory XDM Elite OSP 4.5" 10mm: I've been wanting to get a 10mm handgun for a while and based on my research this one is outstanding.

4. Walther PPQ 45: 12 rounds of .45 in a exquisitely designed Walther package, what's not to like?

5. Ruger Security .380: I want to get this one for my wife, since it seems a perfect replacement for my Walther CCP M2 that she currently uses.

1. Beretta 80x OR Girshan MC PI OR Sa Emp 4 inch. Whichever I go with decides if I stay with 4 handgun cartridges or drop back to 3. Since 2 are brand new both are doubtful to let them shake out any bugs this might move to a 2024 purchase.

2. Smith and Wesson 638 Bodyguard always wanted one of these so thinking now is the time.

3. Taylor 9mm SAA simply because it would be fun and I love SAA.

Honestly cannot think of anything else I am seriously thinking about.

Ksg410 is interesting and possible for my wife but again new so there is a waiting period.

Last edited:
I have been working so hard at downsizing and limiting buying everything that all my hobby/needed buying is cut way down. Guns shown above.

Watches, the only thing I am seriously looking at is one of the fun cheap Swatch/Omega Speedy collaborations. Maybe the Mercury or Moon Swatch. Maybe a DIY club GMT simply because building my own watch sounds interesting.

Knives, I will make a few this year , but the only thing I plan on trying for myself is a copy of the Searles Rezin bowie knife. Nothing manufactured on the horizon. Maybe a serrated Spyderco Cricket as that was what I intended to buy instead of straight edged version.

Lean buying years...

Last edited:
1. M1903/M1903-A3
2. Zastava ZPAP M70
3. CZ Scorpion (notice I did not mention a brace for you feds reading this ;))
4. TBD 1911 in .45 (already have a 10mm and like it)
5. DD M4V7...specific config TBD

For those not getting abbreviations, TBD = To Be Determined (on availability and my whim(s) at the time.

1 Smith and wesson model 60 in 357 with a 2" or shorter barrel and no hammer lock
2 Ruger Blackhawk in 357
3 An older Marlin or Henry lever action carbine in 357
4 Anything my current state legislation has deemed unlawful
5 More P22X classic Sigs , probably a 229 in 9, haha 🤣, thought I was gonna say 357, didn't ya?

I'm always on the hunt for another M1 carbine.

M1 Carbine Collection RH0001.jpg

Back