testtest

What are we reading?

Having finished two Lawrence Block novels, it's on to "No Country For Old Men" from Cormac McCarthy. Next: "George Harrison-The Reluctant Beatle" from Philip Norman; wonderful writer, excellent biographer.
I've read all of Block's Matthew Scudder books.

I've read all of Block's Matthew Scudder books.
Excellent! If you haven't as of yet, Block's Bernie Rhodenbarr series of novels are fun reads. Bernie: the "gentleman burglar." The hitman series of "Keller," also. Block is eighty-five years old now. It'll be a sad day when his Underwood falls silent. . .

Just starting the Center for Military History "Campaign in the Marianas." I had just re-watched "The Pacific" on Netflix and the Marianas was one campaign not covered in the series since the primary characters were not in this operation. So I got curious and started this book.

1710613118540.png

Having finished two Lawrence Block novels, it's on to "No Country For Old Men" from Cormac McCarthy. Next: "George Harrison-The Reluctant Beatle" from Philip Norman; wonderful writer, excellent biographer.
Not sure if you're aware but the book compiled of the Mal Evans archives has been released. I haven't read it yet, but I am assured by my fellow Beatleheads it is a great read.

Not sure if you're aware but the book compiled of the Mal Evans archives has been released. I haven't read it yet, but I am assured by my fellow Beatleheads it is a great read.
Aware? Yes, but largely forgotten at present. I appreciate the nudge.

The Scrolls of Onteora - The Cremona Document​

61LYyw9E3SL._SY466_.jpg

"From the ancient city of Jerusalem to the mountains of New York, the Scrolls of Onteora, known as the Cremona Document, tell the story of the Knights Templars who found artifacts and documents, revealing how the scrolls were transported to the Americas - centuries before they were settled by Europeans. Learn the meaning of these artifacts found beneath the walls of Jerusalem and follow Ralph de Sudeley and his companions as they endeavor to recover these lost scrolls."

I finished Ken Follett's "The Pillars of the Earth" some days ago. I'm headed to town tomorrow to borrow "World Without End", followed by "A Column of Fire" to complete the Kingsbridge trilogy. The novels are indeed tomes, and difficult to lay aside; I finished the first in under four days!

Been still on my Jesse Stone novels read most of the ones from Robert B. Parker now some from different authors still Stone stories . Borrowed all the ones from the library now I am buying used ones on eBay

Back