testtest

What are you doing right now??

Hi,

Taking pics of bluebonnets on our hunting lease with my daughter.
1100 acres and I bet 40% coverage in bluebonnets
View attachment 55441
View attachment 55443View attachment 55444View attachment 55445

Hey! That's beautiful! What am I doing? Just taking a little break from my yard work to show you a tiny bit of spring I found in my back yard. ;)

1712432915774.png

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Wish Haas was doing better. Not real sure why but I've never cared for Hulkenberg. I had high hopes for Login Sergeant but will be surprised if he's around much longer. About to watch qualifying so don't tell me results. Sorry about your migraine.
I’m not really an Andretti fan, but I wish they had been allowed entry into F1. I hope that snub gave GM/Cadillac a Ford v. Ferrari type of push, making them come at F1 that much harder. GM sounds like they are proceeding full speed ahead with plans.

Hi,

I just finished my yard work for the day. One little project was trimming back the Buckthorn trees along the east side of the property.

1712440736892.png

1712440767476.png

Now I won't bang my head on those low branches when I mow. 🤕

1712440806834.png

Then I had to trim some broken/bent pine branches on the northwest corner of the property. The heavy snow last winter cracked a limb.

1712440917655.png

1712440969619.png

Yes, I have a big pile of cuttings to burn when I get a chance. I think I'm turning into a pyromaniac. :ROFLMAO:

Now it's time to feed the dog and myself, maybe find a beer. Everyone have a great evening!

BassCliff

Hi Bob,

Definitely not bar gigs, although sometimes a little alcohol is served. ;)

I've been working with a duo playing lots of senior centers, senior/assisted living facilities, memory care centers, etc. It's a big market here and they all have budgets for entertainment.

View attachment 55431

The setup is minimal, my small PA (no monitors necessary), small amps, no extra lighting, small footprint.

View attachment 55426

We put on a one hour show for the residents, everything from Frank Sinatra (All Of Me/Fly Me To The Moon) to Jim Croce (Don't Mess Around With Jim/Bad Bad Leroy Brown), John Denver (Country Roads), Elvis (Blue Suede Shoes), Johnny Cash (Folsom Prison), Willie Nelson (On The Road Again), Neil Diamond (Sweet Caroline), Little Richard (Tutti Fruiti), Andy Williams (Moon River), and being in Wisconsin we'll do a polka or two. ;) The crowds are small but they enjoy singing along and laugh at my Dad jokes.

When I was a young lad I told my Mom, "When I grow up I want to be a musician."

She smiled at me and said, "Son, you can't do both." :LOL:

It's a very rewarding gig, bringing joy to all the folks who don't get out much. We never drive more than a half hour. Load-in/load-out is easy and all fits on my Rock-n-Roller cart.

View attachment 55432

Compare that to driving three hours, unloading a trailer full of gear, setting up this monster PA, and playing for a bunch of drunks for four hours.

View attachment 55430

The difference in pay between these two gigs was $40. I enjoy my "senior" gigs, especially now that I'm retired. These gigs are a little different from my previous life.

View attachment 55433
But I'm not complaining. I'm still making music, still making people happy, still making enough money to feed my pew-pew habit. :ROFLMAO:

And that's a little glimpse into my modest music career. Please pardon the off-topic. I could talk about myself for hours but I don't want to put you to sleep or depress you. So I'll press "ENTER" and end this madness.

BassCliff
I just went looking for my photos of my big PA rig and didn't find them. Which means they were on my phone that I ran over with a mini excavator. It barely fit in my 16' enclosed trailer with the bass rigs and guitar rigs and massive drum kit and riser. The bulk of the PA rig was:

2 pair of Yorkville LS801Ps ( these are massive 2000 watt 18" powered subs- 93lbs each)
4 pair of Yamaha DXR12s
8 Alto TS-12 powered monitors
2 PA racks with Allen and Heath board.
Massive mic inventory ( I close mic'ed the massive drum kit with 14 mics), I wanna say close to 40 mics in total. ( I still have a few 421s, 58s and 57s, RE20, etc..)

And 2 full Marshall stacks, 1 Mesa Triple Rectifier and 1 150 watt Peavey Joe Satriani head, 2 Ampeg 810cl "Fridge"s, 3 Ampeg SVTs, Usually 4 or 5 guitars and 4 or 5 basses, about 30 mic stands, unreal amounts of cabling.
Double bass drum kit with a pair of floor toms, two racks of roto toms, plus a pair of regular toms, 2 snares and a ridiculous amount of cymbals. Plus the drum riser.

And we were a 3 piece band. Of course a lot of this stuff was redundant ( back ups)

Hi,

I just went looking for my photos of my big PA rig and didn't find them. Which means they were on my phone that I ran over with a mini excavator. It barely fit in my 16' enclosed trailer with the bass rigs and guitar rigs and massive drum kit and riser. The bulk of the PA rig was:

2 pair of Yorkville LS801Ps ( these are massive 2000 watt 18" powered subs- 93lbs each)
4 pair of Yamaha DXR12s
Massive mic inventory ( I close mic'ed the massive drum kit with 14 mics), I wanna say close to 40 mics in total. ( I still have a few 421s, 58s and 57s, RE20, etc..)

And 2 full Marshall stacks, 1 Mesa Triple Rectifier and 1 150 watt Peavey Joe Satriani head, 2 Ampeg 810cl "Fridge"s, 3 Ampeg SVTs, Usually 4 or 5 guitars and 4 or 5 basses, about 30 mic stands, unreal amounts of cabling.
Double bass drum kit with a pair of floor toms, two racks of roto toms, plus a pair of regular toms, 2 snares and a ridiculous amount of cymbals. Plus the drum riser.

And we were a 3 piece band. Of course a lot of this stuff was redundant ( back ups)

Man, that's a crapton of gear to schlep around. The A&H stuff is always great. That bigger PA in the picture above belongs to the guitar player. That was only half of his rig. The PA I own is not nearly that size but it's big enough and simple enough for a bass player to run it from the stage.

1712464427100.png

A couple of 2x15 + tweeter FOH mains, four 12" floor wedges (only one mix), 10 channel 1200w (400x3) powered mixer. Just enough for a quartet at a small outdoor or medium indoor gig. But I don't like being the bass player AND the sound man. I would get to the gig three hours before downbeat so I could take my time setting up everything, line checking, sound checking, dressing cables, etc. The rest of the band shows up a half hour before. So instead of relaxing for twenty minutes before the show I have to run around getting them connected and sound checked right up until we start. Talk about frazzled. I made the mistake of telling these guys I had a PA. I'll never do that again. :LOL: Of course, I got paid an extra $25 for bringing the PA. Now I can retire. :p

And to stay on topic, yes, I was carrying at the gig. You never know. ;)

BassCliff

4 pair of Yamaha DXR12s

A very impressive amount of equipment.

Hi,

Man, that's a crapton of gear to schlep around. The A&H stuff is always great. That bigger PA in the picture above belongs to the guitar player. That was only half of his rig. The PA I own is not nearly that size but it's big enough and simple enough for a bass player to run it from the stage.

View attachment 55472

A couple of 2x15 + tweeter FOH mains, four 12" floor wedges (only one mix), 10 channel 1200w (400x3) powered mixer. Just enough for a quartet at a small outdoor or medium indoor gig. But I don't like being the bass player AND the sound man. I would get to the gig three hours before downbeat so I could take my time setting up everything, line checking, sound checking, dressing cables, etc. The rest of the band shows up a half hour before. So instead of relaxing for twenty minutes before the show I have to run around getting them connected and sound checked right up until we start. Talk about frazzled. I made the mistake of telling these guys I had a PA. I'll never do that again. :LOL: Of course, I got paid an extra $25 for bringing the PA. Now I can retire. :p

And to stay on topic, yes, I was carrying at the gig. You never know. ;)

BassCliff
You guys have some nice equipment, ya'll may be the next Metallica. get some pyrotechnics and CO2 jets and you guys will be set. the best special effects at a rock concert i seen was Kiss back in the 70's. they had it all. Aerosmith had a revolving stage back then.

Hi,

I just finished my yard work for the day. One little project was trimming back the Buckthorn trees along the east side of the property.

View attachment 55456

View attachment 55457

Now I won't bang my head on those low branches when I mow. 🤕

View attachment 55458

Then I had to trim some broken/bent pine branches on the northwest corner of the property. The heavy snow last winter cracked a limb.

View attachment 55459

View attachment 55460

Yes, I have a big pile of cuttings to burn when I get a chance. I think I'm turning into a pyromaniac. :ROFLMAO:

Now it's time to feed the dog and myself, maybe find a beer. Everyone have a great evening!

BassCliff
OOOhhh a chainsaw, i love chainsaws.

Back