testtest

What are your thoughts on this?

Rubber bands, paper clips and pencils will be the next to be banned. Machineguns require paperwork, but are obtainable, even with a full-auto rated bcg doesn't make an AR a machinegun either! It takes more than an auto-sear to make a full auto also (subjected to be changed)? If you remove the safety, then you could with the help of an auto-sear go full-auto until the mag runs out. Can we just ban STUPIDITY as that would make more sense!

Attending church not covered in the 1st amendment next?

be warned.jpg

Pritzger and Kwami and his bought and paid for judges are only doing it for votes, knowing full well it will not make chicago any safer.
If he was truly against firearms he and his family would not have opened a gun range in Wisconsin.

I don't see SCOTUS or congress straight up banning ARs. And even if they did it is extremely unlikely they would go retro, as Illinois did. As for confiscation, give me a break. That's not even possible at this point.
If my memory is correct there was a ban on ar's in the 90's for a short period of time.

If my memory is correct there was a ban on ar's in the 90's for a short period of time.

It was 10 years actually ('94-'04).

We've run this experiment and most objective studies since have concluded that there was either no effect, or the effect was minimal at best. It's amazing to me how many people think that if we did it again, we'd be doing it for the first time. Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it, apparently.

Last edited:
It was 10 years actually ('94-'04).

We've run this experiment and most objective studies since have concluded that their was either no effect, or the effect was minimal at best. It's amazing to me how many people think that if we did it again, we'd be doing it for the first time.
Thanks for the info. Didn't remember the ban lasted that long. I would like to think that could never happen again, hope not.

Yeah and at that time almost no civilians owned them. Also none already in circulation were illegal. It was illegal to sell them, not possess them. Now there are 30-50 million in circulation. If they were to ban anything ( which again, I doubt) they would ban the sale and importation of them. A nationwide registration scheme for those in circulation never gets passed in congress and certainly never gets by the SCOTUS ( incidentally, I don't believe Illinois' will either).

The painful thing that could happen if this were somehow to pass would be a ban on sales of parts and internet sales. Something like that is widely anticipated and many people have hoarded parts and lower receivers for years now.

But I digress. The odds of congress passing a ban on ARs is infinitesimal.

Yeah and at that time almost no civilians owned them. Also none already in circulation were illegal. It was illegal to sell them, not possess them. Now there are 30-50 million in circulation. If they were to ban anything ( which again, I doubt) they would ban the sale and importation of them. A nationwide registration scheme for those in circulation never gets passed in congress and certainly never gets by the SCOTUS ( incidentally, I don't believe Illinois' will either).

The painful thing that could happen if this were somehow to pass would be a ban on sales of parts and internet sales. Something like that is widely anticipated and many people have hoarded parts and lower receivers for years now.

But I digress. The odds of congress passing a ban on ARs is infinitesimal.
Hope you're right. I do think 2A rights are going to be attacked for many years to come. Like you said the anti-gun bunch continues to find ways to go around the 2A, higher taxes on firearms, ammunition, parts and other accessories. The anti-gun zealots are not going to give up.

Hope you're right. I do think 2A rights are going to be attacked for many years to come. Like you said the anti-gun bunch continues to find ways to go around the 2A, higher taxes on firearms, ammunition, parts and other accessories. The anti-gun zealots are not going to give up.
Definitely. It's been that way as long as I can remember and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

Back