testtest

What Do You Think

Bloodknight

Master Class
Founding Member
Originally from Illinois. Moved in 2013 to a "RED" state.Ive owned firearms in Illinois forever. IN my new state I obtained a conceal carry card.Ive renewed twice now, when I sent my renewal application in this time.I recived a letter stating, "We have received notice from the state of Illinois that their records indicate a charge for reckless conduct on 5/20/84 by the DuPage circuit court. I was to provide documentation as to whether this was a misdemeanor or a felony. You have 20 days to present documentation, or your card will not be renewed. I sent them a boatload of paperwork which listed this as a misdemeanor from the court. Not good enough ! I had to aquire a certified ,signed copy of the transcript of the charge.witness and signed by the clerk of the judicial court. Showing this was a misdemeanor. I was able to get the paperwork requested and obtained my cc card.The state I live in is governed now by the left, the also have a democratic attorney general. How in the world did a misdemeanor appear after 40 years and why didn't they get the whole story from Illinois. Why was it left to me to jump through hoops to dig up 40-year-old paperwork. A sign of things to come?

Originally from Illinois. Moved in 2013 to a "RED" state.Ive owned firearms in Illinois forever. IN my new state I obtained a conceal carry card.Ive renewed twice now, when I sent my renewal application in this time.I recived a letter stating, "We have received notice from the state of Illinois that their records indicate a charge for reckless conduct on 5/20/84 by the DuPage circuit court. I was to provide documentation as to whether this was a misdemeanor or a felony. You have 20 days to present documentation, or your card will not be renewed. I sent them a boatload of paperwork which listed this as a misdemeanor from the court. Not good enough ! I had to aquire a certified ,signed copy of the transcript of the charge.witness and signed by the clerk of the judicial court. Showing this was a misdemeanor. I was able to get the paperwork requested and obtained my cc card.The state I live in is governed now by the left, the also have a democratic attorney general. How in the world did a misdemeanor appear after 40 years and why didn't they get the whole story from Illinois. Why was it left to me to jump through hoops to dig up 40-year-old paperwork. A sign of things to come?
Just be very thankful you don't live here anymore.

maybe the case was never settled, closed/discharged, whatever?

were you a juvenile at the time of that misdemeanor.??

an attorney would be a better way to get your answers, for your future, in buying guns, ammo, etc, if this pops up again.

you have to see if maybe this can be expunged.??

Why was it left to me to jump through hoops to dig up 40-year-old paperwork.

Honestly, who did you think was going to do it for you?

Since our sheriff is the "chief law enforcement officer" in our county, our department often get FFL applications that we review. If we get a hint of something afoot in their background, we do the same as what happened to you . . . we identify the issue preventing approval then kick it back to the applicant to sort it out and resubmit. That's how it's done.

Honestly, who did you think was going to do it for you?

Since our sheriff is the "chief law enforcement officer" in our county, our department often get FFL applications that we review. If we get a hint of something afoot in their background, we do the same as what happened to you . . . we identify the issue preventing approval then kick it back to the applicant to sort it out and resubmit. That's how it's done.

This should be obvious, but since nobody said it I'm going to

KEEP THAT PAPERWORK!!!!!

Get notarized copies keep it in your files.

That way if you ever need it again you have it
I was just dumbfounded that after 40 years , this misdemeanor was dug up .I checked with the FBI by phone & they had nothing on record for me. I got in a fight , i was arrested ,got probation. Never thought about it again. they gave me 20 days to sort things out. By the time I got the letter through the mail I had 15 days. Just seems weird.But I did in fact get my card

I was just dumbfounded that after 40 years , this misdemeanor was dug up .I checked with the FBI by phone & they had nothing on record for me. I got in a fight , i was arrested ,got probation. Never thought about it again. they gave me 20 days to sort things out. By the time I got the letter through the mail I had 15 days. Just seems weird.But I did in fact get my card
What state do you live in ? Colorado ?

Back