testtest

What is a rifle you wish were still made?

Javin

Alpha
Steyr SSG 69

ssg69-1.jpg

• Bullets: 7.62×51mm NATO, .243 Winchester, 22-250 Remington, etc.
  • Caliber: 7.62mm, 6.17mm, 5.59mm, etc.
  • Muzzle velocity: 860m/s
  • Effective range: 800m
  • Ammunition supply: 5 rounds detachable rotary magazine, 10 rounds detachable double-row magazine
The Steyr SSG 69 is a sniper rifle made by Austrian firearms manufacturer Steyr Mannlicher. Visually, it resembles a hunting rifle, but it is a weapon designed specifically for military and law enforcement forces. Known for its impressive accuracy, the SSG 69 is one of the world's most popular sniper rifles and has seen action in countless wars and military conflicts.

The SSG 69 remained unchanged for over 40 years until 2015 when it was stopped and replaced by the SSG 08 sniper rifle. The SSG 69 has a rather unique design, and some of its features were cutting-edge in the late 1960s. The gunstock is made of fiberglass and is hollow. While the SSG 69 may not have been the first rifle to use a synthetic gunstock, the fact that Steyr made this feature standard was certainly groundbreaking. You know in the late 1960s, most other rifles had wooden stocks.

The SSG 69 also used a cold-hammering-forged barrel to strengthen its durability. In addition, it was very light, rifles of equal performance weighing almost twice as much.

The SSG 69 was quite popular for its accuracy, and it demonstrated sub .5 MOA accuracy in several international competitions. In the late 1960s, only a few custom rifles could achieve sub-MOA accuracy.

Ditto on PSG-1.
if you can find one now, they are Giraffe high on price
I actually contemplated buying the only one I’ve actually had my hands on; in 2013/14 or so, there was one at the Tulsa gun show for $15k...I just couldn’t bring myself to liquidate enough of my collection to do it.

In retrospect...I think I should have. I have no idea what they go for now.

Back