testtest

What is happening……..

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
First off, this is just my personal opinion, not political. What is going on with our great country anymore? On the news this morning I saw in Colorado, a mayor of a city suspended saying the pledge of allegiance before there meetings, in NJ a school district dropped and the names of holidays with now saying “days off”. A 9 year old little girl went to her school board meeting asking why there is certain political posters hung in her classroom which is against school policy, when she asked why and if they can be removed , she was told teachers made them and there not taking them down.

Also what happened to when you were growing up, your dad went to work to support the family, your parents instilled good work ethics on you, but today, nobody wants to work, but if you loot and steal it’s ok, since your family needs the stuff, and mayors of certain cities say it’s ok.

I just don’t understand what the hell is wrong with our country lately, there slowly taking away your rights from freedom of speech, freedom of religion and our second amendment rights. Like I said, this is just my opinion here, I am afraid of what will happen to this great country if this kind of nonsense keeps going on or gets worse.

First off, this is just my personal opinion, not political. What is going on with our great country anymore? On the news this morning I saw in Colorado, a mayor of a city suspended saying the pledge of allegiance before there meetings, in NJ a school district dropped and the names of holidays with now saying “days off”. A 9 year old little girl went to her school board meeting asking why there is certain political posters hung in her classroom which is against school policy, when she asked why and if they can be removed , she was told teachers made them and there not taking them down.

Also what happened to when you were growing up, your dad went to work to support the family, your parents instilled good work ethics on you, but today, nobody wants to work, but if you loot and steal it’s ok, since your family needs the stuff, and mayors of certain cities say it’s ok.

I just don’t understand what the hell is wrong with our country lately, there slowly taking away your rights from freedom of speech, freedom of religion and our second amendment rights. Like I said, this is just my opinion here, I am afraid of what will happen to this great country if this kind of nonsense keeps going on or gets worse.
Root causes:
a) Too much time on our hands, which is related to:
b) Too much ‘rent seeking’ (look that up) both economically and socially/emotionally.

I’ll leave it at that.

Just read that article about the mayor suspending the Pledge at meetings, but the attendees went ahead and recited the Pledge anyway.

Root causes:
a) Too much time on our hands, which is related to:
b) Too much ‘rent seeking’ (look that up) both economically and socially/emotionally.

I’ll leave it at that.

"Rent Seeking" Never heard of before. Reasons? Many people just quit trying working against current society?

Unfortunately, has been going on far too long.... is very sad stuff.

Hang in there, Anni. Sometimes, when I think we are circling the drain pretty fast, I run into a young person who has their head on straight and is working towards developing their career. It helps to restore hope.

The riots last year (and even this year) were just a sympton of many things that are wrong. The "victim" mentality has been encouraged, and quite a few folks are buying into it. Allowing the young people who were rioting to throw a temper tantrum like they did with no consequences is the wrong thing to do. We, as a country, have been trending towards believing that nothing is a person's fault and somebody else is to blame for their circumstances, whatever they may be. Hopefully, it is not too late to turn things around, although sometimes I wonder. Those of us who believe we are headed the wrong direction are getting to be fewer and fewer.

Hang in there, Anni. Sometimes, when I think we are circling the drain pretty fast, I run into a young person who has their head on straight and is working towards developing their career. It helps to restore hope.

The riots last year (and even this year) were just a sympton of many things that are wrong. The "victim" mentality has been encouraged, and quite a few folks are buying into it. Allowing the young people who were rioting to throw a temper tantrum like they did with no consequences is the wrong thing to do. We, as a country, have been trending towards believing that nothing is a person's fault and somebody else is to blame for their circumstances, whatever they may be. Hopefully, it is not too late to turn things around, although sometimes I wonder. Those of us who believe we are headed the wrong direction are getting to be fewer and fewer.
Many things are topsy turvey, but I do see glimmers of hope once in a while to know it's not all completely faded away.

Amen, brother !

@Anni - I also meant to tell you… Stop Watching the “News” !!!
Always keep in mind a) just because its in print or on media doesn’t mean it’s true (the way they told it, anyhow), b) all this instant information overrides our senses and ratchets up subconscious stress, and c) remember the media/news complex competes is fiercely competitive and thrives on controversy, not congenial debate. The more things can be stirred up the more $ they make.
Set it all aside. Let fools be fools, and be seen as foolish, and let the backlash handle it.

Amen, brother !

@Anni - I also meant to tell you… Stop Watching the “News” !!!
Always keep in mind a) just because its in print or on media doesn’t mean it’s true (the way they told it, anyhow), b) all this instant information overrides our senses and ratchets up subconscious stress, and c) remember the media/news complex competes is fiercely competitive and thrives on controversy, not congenial debate. The more things can be stirred up the more $ they make.
Set it all aside. Let fools be fools, and be seen as foolish, and let the backlash handle it.
(y)(y)

Well every once in a while there is a glimmer of sanity in the day's news. Maine's Susan Collins has made the decision to vote AGAINST David Chipman because she finds him "unusually divisive". I wish Mrs. Collins would have pointed out that David Chipman would violate the 2nd Amendment rights of millions of law-abiding gun owners.

Well every once in a while there is a glimmer of sanity in the day's news. Maine's Susan Collins has made the decision to vote AGAINST David Chipman because she finds him "unusually divisive". I wish Mrs. Collins would have pointed out that David Chipman would violate the 2nd Amendment rights of millions of law-abiding gun owners.
Link to Susan Collins not supporting Chapman

Short answer? We are ******.
Longer answer reduced to simple terms. When people became lazy, we started to decline at an accelerated rate. My generation, was outside all day long. We were either working or playing. My kids generation? Sit in the house and play video games. The ages in between are a crap shoot. My parents generation? Farmers had hogs, cows and fields. Now they have one and most want fields so they can just set the gps and listen to music or talk on the phone while planting and harvesting. Then to top it off farmers wifes used to take care of the house, garden, kids and make their husbands lunch and bring it to him in the field. Now they want to be kept and are to busy getting their nails done.
It is just human nature to be lazy. That is why obesity is a problem. Why work ethic is a problem. Why many health issues are a problem.
I am going to tell you a secret. When you are mowing your lawn with a push mower and feeling sorry for yourself that you do not have a rider and thinking how bad it sucks and how many more time are you going to HAVE to do this in your life. I have a solution.
Have a doctor tell you that you are going to be in a wheelchair within a couple of years.
Suddenly it is a "I am thankful I am still able to mow my lawn with a push mower. Suddenly it is a "How many more times am I going to be ABLE to do this". How many more times will I be able to walk across the parking lot and not need front row parking? How many more times will I be able to put the cart back?
Be it death or age, we only have so many more times and really, it is not all that many and never was. If it seems like it, you have a crappy perception and need to change it.

Longer answer reduced to simple terms. When people became lazy, we started to decline at an accelerated rate. My generation, was outside all day long. We were either working or playing. My kids generation? Sit in the house and play video games. The ages in between are a crap shoot. My parents generation? Farmers had hogs, cows and fields. Now they have one and most want fields so they can just set the gps and listen to music or talk on the phone while planting and harvesting. Then to top it off farmers wifes used to take care of the house, garden, kids and make their husbands lunch and bring it to him in the field. Now they want to be kept and are to busy getting their nails done.
It is just human nature to be lazy. That is why obesity is a problem. Why work ethic is a problem. Why many health issues are a problem.
I am going to tell you a secret. When you are mowing your lawn with a push mower and feeling sorry for yourself that you do not have a rider and thinking how bad it sucks and how many more time are you going to HAVE to do this in your life. I have a solution.
Have a doctor tell you that you are going to be in a wheelchair within a couple of years.
Suddenly it is a "I am thankful I am still able to mow my lawn with a push mower. Suddenly it is a "How many more times am I going to be ABLE to do this". How many more times will I be able to walk across the parking lot and not need front row parking? How many more times will I be able to put the cart back?
Be it death or age, we only have so many more times and really, it is not all that many and never was. If it seems like it, you have a crappy perception and need to change it.
As the pain that I live with every day which can be very intense(ice pick, knife, needles and/or fire) that won't let me sleep or knocks me out! I know there are other with more pain that I'm in and people with cancer might not survive? I try to live my life the best that I can and not inflict others with the way I feel! I'm use too long days of manual labor and will not give it up for a desk job! I make sure my kids don't get lost with their generation of lackeys! Give respect to get respect or don't complain about it!

Right...on farming.

You can’t make it on 80 acres, a John Deere 4020 and mixed livestock anymore. The Reagan government backing of corporate farms over family farms in the 1980’s meant you had to get big,and get specialized...getting big meant bigger equipment...you have to hire people to run all that equipment, because dad & a couple kids (with mom in the kitchen, right?) can’t handle the 2000+ acres you need to farm just to keep your head above water. Hired help isn’t always familiar with running the equipment, so you make it as technologically advanced and self operating as possible.

Hog farms went from 3-400 head farrow-finish operations to 10,000 head feeder barns...and that'll just be one site out of several a modern hog farmer runs.

It's not the 1950’s anymore...and they weren’t that great, if you can take an honest look at history.

"Rent Seeking" Never heard of before. Reasons? Many people just quit trying working against current society?

The concept of rent seeking has various nuances of definition, and is loosely/distantly related to setting up ‘barriers to entry’..,. but it boils down to arranging things to where you benefit ($) without actually working for it.

Right...on farming.

You can’t make it on 80 acres, a John Deere 4020 and mixed livestock anymore. The Reagan government backing of corporate farms over family farms in the 1980’s meant you had to get big,and get specialized...getting big meant bigger equipment...you have to hire people to run all that equipment, because dad & a couple kids (with mom in the kitchen, right?) can’t handle the 2000+ acres you need to farm just to keep your head above water. Hired help isn’t always familiar with running the equipment, so you make it as technologically advanced and self operating as possible.

Hog farms went from 3-400 head farrow-finish operations to 10,000 head feeder barns...and that'll just be one site out of several a modern hog farmer runs.

It's not the 1950’s anymore...and they weren’t that great, if you can take an honest look at history.
320 acres irrigated because mother nature doesn't always provide. With that being typed a 100 acre center pivot system was turned over due too high winds and the insurance company enjoyed the money they received. After a 3 year battle with them I got hung out to dry. Cost of new or newer equipment is a joke. If I were too win the lotto I would still keep farming, but get much needed equipment(fixer uppers most likely). Those who use the system(city, state or federal) to live solely off of for convenience needs too be whipped! Laziness isn't a condition! My previous statement needs too be on billboards and advertisements everywhere!

Back