testtest

What Is the Best Caliber for Self-Defense?

IMG_2379.jpeg

"Practically speaking," 9mm is a decent round that can be found most anywhere. I haven't compared price of premium bullets, but range ammo is dirt cheap for 9mm.
I favor big bullets for the grin factor, but as far as cost goes, I can shoot a lot 9mm for what the .45 costs.
I hate "best" articles, reviews, opinions, etc. It comes down to what works for you. My back doesn't permit me to carry a 1911, but the Shield .45 is doable.

"Practically speaking," 9mm is a decent round that can be found most anywhere. I haven't compared price of premium bullets, but range ammo is dirt cheap for 9mm.
I favor big bullets for the grin factor, but as far as cost goes, I can shoot a lot 9mm for what the .45 costs.
I hate "best" articles, reviews, opinions, etc. It comes down to what works for you. My back doesn't permit me to carry a 1911, but the Shield .45 is doable.
true,,,what is "best" or "worst" is the opinion of the reviewer/critic.

Again, if you have the inclination and can find them, check the writings of Col. Fackler for wound ballistics. He would agree with the author that "stopping power" or "shock effect" is a minor aspect of wounding. But like you folks have said, it's what works for you. FWIW, I've seen a sniper on campus over 50 years ago kill one and seriously wound five with a .22LR.

Again, if you have the inclination and can find them, check the writings of Col. Fackler for wound ballistics. He would agree with the author that "stopping power" or "shock effect" is a minor aspect of wounding. But like you folks have said, it's what works for you. FWIW, I've seen a sniper on campus over 50 years ago kill one and seriously wound five with a .22LR.
Kent State..????

Back