testtest

What Snap Caps Would You Use In A Hellcat ?

There Are Several Makers Of Snap Caps , Most Of The Reviews That I Have Read We’re Not Good , Either The Finish Would Wear Off & Get Into The Action , Or The Center That The Pin Hits Falls Out ! I Was Hoping That Someone On The Forum Had A Recommendation Of One That’s Was Good !

You can easily make your own. Knock the primer out of a piece of fired brass and fill the primer pocket with either a pencil eraser or silicone caulk (I like GE or Permatex brand). You can seat bullets or not, depending on what you want to do. You can make as many as you want for virtually nothing.

There Are Several Makers Of Snap Caps , Most Of The Reviews That I Have Read We’re Not Good , Either The Finish Would Wear Off & Get Into The Action , Or The Center That The Pin Hits Falls Out ! I Was Hoping That Someone On The Forum Had A Recommendation Of One That’s Was Good !
Dude. There are rules of English writing.

I suggest you learn them, beginning with capitalization.

Beyond that? A-Zoom or Pachmayr.

While I don't recommend dry-firing even with snap caps I have some of these and they seem well made. Once the gun is cleaned and you want to drop the hammer to store it, I drop it on one of these.
Stainless Steel
You can also have someone load a mag for you including a snap cap somewhere in the order. When you trigger it you'll see how much you are anticipating recoil in your shooting.

Hi , What Snap Caps Would You Recommend That I Use In My Hellcat ?. Thanks For Any Thoughts On My Question .
i bought all my snap caps, of all calibers from Amazon. they are name brand, and work quite well.

usually the A-Zoom brand.(either the red, blue or orange colors)

i could care less the paint on them wears off. and when the soft center wears out?

throw it away?

i make it a point to NEVER dry fire any of my guns, i'll let others do that, to thiers.

i tend to appreciate the money i spend on my guns, to want to ruin a firing pin, or firing pin retainer pin, or even the rare chance to damage the backside of the breech face, with constant unprotected hammering.

As others have pointed out, none of them will last forever - and just how quickly they "die" is totally dependent on just how earnest you are in your practice, as well as what type of practice you put them to.

I really like the ST Action Pro, but I also use the A-Zoom and the Saf-T-trainers.

The Saf-T-trainers are the least durable, but given how inexpensive they are (around $0.80, each - typically available as a pack of 50 for just under $20, shipped), they make for great range-training tools, where their loss is not going to be all that heartbreaking.

Both the A-Zoom and ST Action Pro are well over a dollar, each. I think that the A-Zooms are often closer to $4, each ($20 for a pack of 5), while the ST Action Pros are usually just over $1, each.

Back