testtest

What TikTok is and Why it Matters

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Many questions have been raised about TikTok’s extensive collection of user data and its parent company, Chinese media giant ByteDance Ltd. The platform’s integration with American citizens has led U.S. politicians and cyber professionals to question the motive behind the company’s privacy policy and its effects on the nation. Similar concerns have been raised by several European countries, India, and Australia.

The case study will begin by examining the platform’s history, design, and privacy policy. This introduction highlights the ways in which TikTok is unique from other platforms in today’s social media ecosystem and why the differences are relevant to national security concerns. Lastly, this section will detail the platform’s ties to the People’s Republic of China.

1712357483486.png

Tic Tok is like other social media, it will also contribute to the fall of mankind, seriously, it’s just that all this younger generation thinks and wants to do, like on other social media platforms, most of us didn’t have any of that crap, and we turned out fine…..well most of us did…..😬😬😬😬

We should concern ourselves with all social media. They all have sold our data for years, enriched themselves and corrupted our politicians. I have nothing good to say about any of them or mainstream media and you can't trust them anymore than _____________.

We should concern ourselves with all social media. They all have sold our data for years, enriched themselves and corrupted our politicians. I have nothing good to say about any of them or mainstream media and you can't trust them anymore than _____________.
It's not just them selling your data though brother. It's your doctor, Home Depot, your cell phone provider, your employer, literally everyone you ever gave your email address to.

I eschew all social media as a matter of course for myself, but I would never suggest stripping anyone else of their right to open their big dumb mouth on the internet. :)

Tic Tac is some crap no doubt, but banning it is ludicrous and unconstitutional. And forcing the owners to sell it is even more ludicrous, unconstitutional and intolerable in the US.

TikTok is controlled by the CCP, which enables them access to not only your data, but all your personal info. As does TEMU. China is trying to influence the weak minded and naive in our country. It should be banned for all government and military employees, as it allows CCP access to them and possible access to our sensitive information. As far as an outright ban, no. The amount of access that China has to your personal information, as well as their attempts at manipulation of you, our children and information should be posted as a warning to all who wish to and are currently using it. Anything beyond that is buyer beware, do your research. I have nothing to do with TikTok or TEMU, and very little to do with social media. I have a Facebook account to keep in touch with my shipmates, friends and family, as well as our HOA. I got back on strictly for the HOA, and am very careful about what I post and whom I am in contact with. I am also on this forum, a Lawnmower forum, Smoker/BBQ forums and S&W forum.

I learned long ago the advantage of deploying camouflage and the necessity of learning to cover your tracks. Literal skills while in the woods but more figurative in every day life. I found that the secret of learning to covering your tracks is to know who or what you were concealing them found. But in today's world its becoming increasingly difficult to stay invisible and literally not leave a path that leads to your front door when you log on! It seems to me that maintainly your anonymity while on line is like fighting a losing battle. If you think that your privacy hasn't been violated then you're whistling by the graveyard. The data collectors it seems will follow us from the womb to the tomb, will know the size you wear, the colors you like and whether you perfer a Hi-Point to a Glock!

I do my best to avoid anything related to the CCP-sadly that’s pretty much impossible these days. How many “old line” American companies now sell only products made in the PRC? Do WE actually make anything anymore? NOT much! Very sad state of affairs. “American Made” used to be a world class product. Today we’re a “service economy” (which I guess means we “service” broken Chinese made goods😏

More...

Friend of Foe? Weaponizing TikTok

1712600537809.png

Back