testtest

What to do with this ?

Bassbob

Emissary
It's nice having friends who are cops. The department was tossing these in the dumpster as they were upgrading and my friend said, " No, you can toss those right over there next to my truck."

It's a double. AR and a shotgun. Has an electronic switch and a manual key. Hook it to the ignition hot wire and it won't open unless the vehicle is running.

3Bv3eqy.jpg

It's nice having friends who are cops. The department was tossing these in the dumpster as they were upgrading and my friend said, " No, you can toss those right over there next to my truck."

It's a double. AR and a shotgun. Has an electronic switch and a manual key. Hook it to the ignition hot wire and it won't open unless the vehicle is running.

3Bv3eqy.jpg
They’re “upgrading” and I haven’t even reached their throwaway level yet… sheesh !
😉😁

You need to look at the problem like a woman. SHE sees it as three more things to dust every week. You need to come up with some sort of "designer cozy" to cover the whole mess--something attractive and frilly and something NO OTHER WOMAN HAS! :D
Hah, Is funny! Was thinking along same lines with some girls. :)
With a bit more imagination and a bit of lumber and some hardware, may make the gun rack into a clothes tree? A 12 volt trickle charger and a switch may help too?

I think this definitely would make accessible in-vehicle storage that much more secure, but I'd still want to camouflage it - there have been instances of break-ins into locked marked as well as unmarked police/enforcement vehicles where the long-gun(s) were stolen via removal of it *_and_* the locking mechanism together.

Some visual camouflage or concealment would be prudent.

Good of your friend, @Bassbob ! :)

So Killer and Frank those are fond memories for sure. But the really great thing was that it was common place and nobody messed with them or tried to steal the guns. Which when I hear of firearms stolen from LEOs I always wonder what the H*ll wer they doing leaving the vehicle unattended for the theft to occur.

^ As I noted in my post above, it isn't always a vehicle that's been negligently left unlocked - or without the officer having properly secured the weapon(s) in a purpose-designed locking device, such as the one that's shown in the OP -

^ Note that for this department, the Chief is considering amending policy to allow an off-duty officer to physically bring their patrol rifle into their home, inside a locked container.

^ As I noted in my post above, it isn't always a vehicle that's been negligently left unlocked - or without the officer having properly secured the weapon(s) in a purpose-designed locking device, such as the one that's shown in the OP -

^ Note that for this department, the Chief is considering amending policy to allow an off-duty officer to physically bring their patrol rifle into their home, inside a locked container.
Now they just knock all the windows out of the police cars, jump on the hood and twerk in front of the dash cam, and set it on fire... and its all good. Just another peaceful protest.

Back