testtest

What to look for in a Trainer

TBH I can't stand this entire sector of the gun industry. It's overran by tacticool idiots doing range theatrics and bamboozling wannabes. IF you want the basics of marksmanship that can be taught by just about anyone and you don't really need certification in that, but low and behold the NRA does certify in that. Anyway, what to look out for is people trying to sell themselves instead of telling you exactly what they will be teaching you. Looking at required gear for these classes will basically tell you whether or not they will be training you or simply going through the motions as easily as possible for them to separate you from your money.

Contrary to modern marketing, people have been effectively smoking bad guys for centuries without being trained by tactical Timmy how to mag dump and scan from side to side after doing one hand manipulation upside down reciting the alphabet backwards while being waterboarded.

I'm a former military marksmanship instructor for all that's worth. Thing is I'm not trying to blow smoke up your bum in order to make money.

Good article. I manage teams of training instructors and not everyone is cut out to be an instructor. Though they may be a subject matter expert in their career field, they may not be a public speaker or able to control an audience. Training instruction requires certain skills, knowledge, and attributes to be effective.

Good article. I manage teams of training instructors and not everyone is cut out to be an instructor. Though they may be a subject matter expert in their career field, they may not be a public speaker or able to control an audience. Training instruction requires certain skills, knowledge, and attributes to be effective.
Concur 100% 👍

Back