79 Black Trans Am w/ Gold Bird & Wheels w/ Red Velour seats
83 Black CJ7 Laredo Jeep
91 Black 300ZX twin turbo T-top
93 Black GMC 1500 Sierra Extended Cab Pickup
2009 Black 4 door Toyota Tacoma Pickup

Hmmm :unsure:, wonder what will be the color of my next vehicle? 😬
Your forgot to mention your "other" black vehicle....:sneaky:

1658600354193.png

I don't like white color either but it shows dirt less than any other color. Any of the dark colors are super bad about showing dirt.

With that said , I have owned many different colored vehicles . 2 white cars , 3 blue cars , 2 brown cars , 1 silver car , 1 black car , 1 red car , and 1 golden yellow with black stripping car ( my favorite ) . it looked like this -- > https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/432556739213835426/?mt=login.

I have owne red trucks blue trucks a green truck and my current truck which is black.

I don't like white color either but it shows dirt less than any other color. Any of the dark colors are super bad about showing dirt.

With that said , I have owned many different colored vehicles . 2 white cars , 3 blue cars , 2 brown cars , 1 silver car , 1 black car , 1 red car , and 1 golden yellow with black stripping car ( my favorite ) . it looked like this -- > https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/432556739213835426/?mt=login.

I have owne red trucks blue trucks a green truck and my current truck which is black.
thing with a white car is that it'll show scratches really fast. and finger prints, if one does not maintain that perfect clean.

i think the only real benefit to a white car, is it's reflectiveness of the hot summers sun, and as a result, the a/c doesn't work as hard as say my car's black, which being a dark color..?? absorbs the heat.

i think many of us have known this for decades, but if not, here is a quick read about color reflectiveness and absorption.

I bought a black truck because of the price. I hated it because it showed dust 15 minutes after I washed it. In a couple of days, it was filthy.
I had a bright albeit loud '55 Chevy the cops kept their eyes on. Hard to have fun when everyone is watching.
Certain colors fade in the hot sun. I live in Arizona.
We have so much brown here, a tan car kinda blends in with the surroundings. Yikes!
White has been a good color for the heat, fade resistance and hiding dirt. Mud does show up, but general everyday dust and dirt, not so much.
I currently own a medium gray truck due to price. It hides dirt, cops don't look at it twice and I have a garage, so fading not much of an issue.

I bought a black truck because of the price. I hated it because it showed dust 15 minutes after I washed it. In a couple of days, it was filthy.
I had a bright albeit loud '55 Chevy the cops kept their eyes on. Hard to have fun when everyone is watching.
Certain colors fade in the hot sun. I live in Arizona.
We have so much brown here, a tan car kinda blends in with the surroundings. Yikes!
White has been a good color for the heat, fade resistance and hiding dirt. Mud does show up, but general everyday dust and dirt, not so much.
I currently own a medium gray truck due to price. It hides dirt, cops don't look at it twice and I have a garage, so fading not much of an issue.
like i mentioned a few posts back, i have my 1st black car, since this past january.

i wash it the same as i did any other cars that i had, and that is 2 times a month.

i wash............, it rains.......or i wash, it gets pollen or dust, or road splash from puddles

i gave up.....i use Aerolon Tech Shine, i think it's "like" a ceramic polish, quick to use, wash car, leave wet, apply, rinse off, good for like up to 8 months. (can only get it at Amazon)

yeah, i see more of everything on this car than any color i have ever had. i think my best color, was beige. i had 2 Camry's back to back that color, and it was true, what i had heard that, "it's a lazy man's color, as it just does not show the dirt, and you don't have to wash it that much....

some colors, you gotta read the invoice on the window sticker..

"some reds" cost extra....nearly ALL pearls, (especially white) cost extra. i think the "average extra cost", is like $500.

I like silver or grey. Wrong time to purchase a vehicle. Be prepared to get knocked over on inflated prices! 5-10K over on used vehicles!
actually i made out quite well. my toyota dealer did not mark up my new corolla (which some dealers ARE doing). as for used, i had checked them out, depending on model year/mileage, and they are selling at nearly full used price as per the blue and black books.

but cash is still king.

and YES, there are some dealers around that are marking up new as well as used..i say, "stay away and make do with what you have now"...

Back