testtest

What You Need For Your First Pistol Class

^ Thanks, @David N. :)

But I tend to be word/information-dense (https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum...s-heres-some-reading-to-help-you-prepare.433/). My wife, who actually has a degree in writing, routinely roasts my writing...I can't help it!

Mrs. Cerino's article is beautifully concise, and serves as much better reading compared against my own.

And she also flagged for attention one very important component of a successful load-out that I glossed over - the belt (my take was here: https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/best-way-to-conceal-carry.402/page-2#post-6422 , seeing Michelle's write-up, I will improve this post and move it into my class preparation thread, too! :) ).

Some day, I'll go back to school and learn how to write better!

If those novices or more like beginners that come to my place and shoot can't get past my safety instructions then better luck somewhere else. I will provide basic and beyond for these people. Most than come out are my kids friends. If they are minors then I make sure their parents ok it and offer them too come out and watch/participate!

Pro Tip: Don't buy a black UpLula. Everyone has black and it's hard to keep track of which one is yours in a class or on a busy range. A black one is also hard to find in a black/dark range bag.

To which KillerFord197 replied.....

I got a paint marker and put my initials in mine

^ This.

I put my name on just about everything. :)

What worked for me in kindergarten still works well today! (y)

I'd suggest adding a small spray can of some sort of all-purpose cleaner/lubricant--WD-40 or your favorite substitute. It's amazing how often a quick shot of something of this nature can get a balky gun running again--at least until you can properly diagnose and FIX the problem.

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to have a whole second gun on hand for backup. You don't want to hold up the class when your first-line junk goes TU. (I took a 2.5" Smith 19 to LFI-I and -II just for this purpose. Didn't need to use it, but it was very comforting just knowing it was there.)

I'd suggest adding a small spray can of some sort of all-purpose cleaner/lubricant--WD-40 or your favorite substitute. It's amazing how often a quick shot of something of this nature can get a balky gun running again--at least until you can properly diagnose and FIX the problem.

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to have a whole second gun on hand for backup. You don't want to hold up the class when your first-line junk goes TU. (I took a 2.5" Smith 19 to LFI-I and -II just for this purpose. Didn't need to use it, but it was very comforting just knowing it was there.)
Absolutely. I take that stuff and more to every range session. A small assortment of appropriate tools is in residence in my range bag.

To protect my black Uplula against theft, I put my signature on both sides with a silver indelible Sharpie. My black range bag came embroidered with my name on both sides and double lockable zippers on all entry pockets although I use the small, numbered 4 dial zipper locks only when necessary, or when leaving the bag unattended in the locked trunk of the car if I'm stopping on the way home for food and drink. I take only 1 of my 3 EDC's to trainings with an OWB holster and an IWB for the trip home, to keep the pistol in my direct possession at all times with my CC license to carry, to ensure I don't put a firearm in the hands of a miscreant. My car sends a message to my cell phone whenever forced entry is attempted along with triggering the car alarm. And no, I'm not paranoid, just being as safe and careful as possible to protect our 2A rights.

Last edited:
Back