testtest

What You Need To Consider If You Have Different Guns For Home Defense And Everyday Carry

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good article that makes good sense, here lately I use the same gun for home defense and also for CCW, the way I figure I would be pretty proficient the the same gun.

I keep it simple, I have a Smith&Wesson Model 36 that my wife uses for home use just point and shoot.
I use a Springfield Mod-2 Compact in 9mm for EDC and a Springfield Mod-2 Tactical for home use, both have same magazine capacity and all the controls are identical,so if things go bump in the night I don't have to think about the firearm I pick up.

I just use one of the 3 in my EDC rotation that I'm carrying that day for home defense. I visit the range weekly and rotate the 3 EDC's for my range sessions. That allows me to focus on 1 for my weekly range sessions. I have yet to notice any serious degradation of speed or accuracy in any of the 3 using this method. So far, it's worked well for me, although I wouldn't recommend it to Bet7 as it would take him at least a year to get through his arsenal. :ROFLMAO:

I just use one of the 3 in my EDC rotation that I'm carrying that day for home defense. I visit the range weekly and rotate the 3 EDC's for my range sessions. That allows me to focus on 1 for my weekly range sessions. I have yet to notice any serious degradation of speed or accuracy in any of the 3 using this method. So far, it's worked well for me, although I wouldn't recommend it to Bet7 as it would take him at least a year to get through his arsenal. :ROFLMAO:
If he could remember he had them…...🤪🤪🤪🤪

I think the key here is being proficient with ALL of them, whether or not in a home defense situation. Knowing their strengths/weaknesses, how they shoot and how you shoot them, how good they are for dark or dim light scenarios, and which one you can get to first. Just knowing your firearms puts you in the best situation possible. The layout of your home and your family plan should that occur, are also important. I think practicing with the ones you are not only familiar with, but also know you can depend on with your life is critical. It just depends on what our individual situation and plan is. It is always wise to have backup plans. JMHO.

Last edited:
Back