testtest

What’s on the Shelf?

I cut the top of the shelf out
20230614_153836.jpg

I'm not sure "proud" is the right word but it certainly enjoy my library.

I was a night watchman at a FedEx shipping hub for 3 years. After the first year FedEx moved out and I had the place to myself.

At the end of the first month after they left I decided to put the time to use and I started reading between my rounds. My focus is on history. People I realized I really didn't know anything about.

For instance after reading David Crockett: The Lion of the West, by Michael Wallis I'm pretty sure that if he hadn't died at the Alamo we wouldn't know who he was today.

I also decided to get my favorite books from childhood.

20230614_153805.jpg

This isn't a collection so much as an accumulation.
20230614_153954.jpg

The last time I checked I've got something like 39 Bibles. I want to be careful how I say this, I understand just enough of the Bible to realize how little I understand of the Bible. English is not a good language for Bible study. There are so many nuances you miss. A lot of the books on that shelf are commentaries and dictionaries and expositories by people who have forgotten more about the Bible than I will ever know.

I've got a whole bunch of books by Billy Graham too. I've got one called World Aflame that he wrote in 1964 before I was born and in that book he said that America had almost completely turned its back on God. 58 years ago he said that. And he also said Jesus must certainly be returning soon. I'm kind of glad he didn't get to see where the world is at today.

Back