testtest

What’s the most powerful handgun you have owned or shot?

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
These are the ones I have owned over the years,
Ruger Alaskan .454 Casull
S&W 29 .44 Magnum
S&W 500 Magnum
Colt Delta Elite 10mm
Desert Eagle .50 Action Express
Remington XP 100 .338 CJMK (JD Jones wildcat)

Ones I have shot,
TC Contender .375 JDJ
LAR Grizzly Win Mag .45 Win Mag
AMT Auto Mag .44 Auto Mag

The .338 CJMK was a wildcat made by JD Jones at SSK Industries
it’s a .35 Rem case necked down to .338 caliber. Out of my XP 100 it would shoot a 200gr bullet out of the 14” barrel at about 3100fps. It was a silhouette cartridge. The CJMK stood for Crowley Jones Mastadon Killer.

Ones that I own:
Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull
44 magnum (Ruger Redhawk, Colt Anaconda, S&W Stealth Hunter)
Magnum Research Desert Eagle 50AE ("Let's count the shots" - Deadpool)
Glock G40 10mm
Other 10mm's (Colt Delta Elite, Ruger SR1911, SA TRP 6", Glock G20 & G29
Marlin all weather 45-70 lever action rifle
Ruger Precision Rifle in .338 Lapua

Ones shot:
All including Glock G40 10mm with "Hot" Buffalo bore loads (more than a 357, not quite at 44 mag level)
Not Shot (yet):
Marlin 45-70, RPR .338 Lapua, and the other 10mm's (except the G40).

Last edited:
.44 mag in Ruger blackhawk and in a model 29 S&W with a 4" BBL. The S&W had Max. load .44 mags in it and was not fun to shoot. I have medium size hands and the S&W big frame grips were always to large for my hands. If you can't get a proper grip on a firearm , you can't control it properly .

I have had the opportunity to shoot a 454 Casull and a few 44 magnums.
I don't own any currently but I would like to find a 44 magnum as a sidekick when I turkey hunt. There are black bear and cats where I hunt which makes me a little uneasy with three rounds of turkey load. I have a 357 that I carry but I feel that it is borderline on ability for either. There is a small possibility that it is a believable enough excuse for me to buy another gun 😉

.44 mag in Ruger blackhawk and in a model 29 S&W with a 4" BBL. The S&W had Max. load .44 mags in it and was not fun to shoot. I have medium size hands and the S&W big frame grips were always to large for my hands. If you can't get a proper grip on a firearm , you can't control it properly .
Better not try a 454 casull then papa. I fired 20 rounds from a Ruger Super Redhawk 7 1/2" BBL with shooting gloves which was enough for me for the day. First shot was a bit high and blew apart a 2X6 framing the target. oh my ..o_O

Better not try a 454 casull then papa. I fired 20 rounds from a Ruger Super Redhawk 7 1/2" BBL with shooting gloves which was enough for me for the day. First shot was a bit high and blew apart a 2X6 framing the target. oh my ..o_O

I'm not recoil shy . If the .454 was in a Blackhawk I would love to shoot it. I'd even give it a shot in the Redhawk. :)

Biggest so far is my Taurus Raging Judge Magnum..... 454 Casull...... very enjoyable.....

What I'd love to have is a 45-70. Century arms in Indiana was making it, but for some reason quit. I got to hold one. It weighed 11 pounds as I recall. Loaded.

Back