testtest

What’s the XD Mod.2?

I really love my XD mod 2 subcompact 45. The trigger is good with a great short reset. It's just as easy to carry as my walther pps m2, but with 9+1 in 45 instead of 6+1 in 9. It's definitely my favorite semiauto carry.
image.jpeg

I have no experience with other Springfield XD models, but my XD Mod 2 .45 ACP Service Model ( 4") is a great gun. Straight out of the box 1.5" groups at 20 yards. The trigger is as good as any other striker except the Walther PPQ/Q5 and possibly the H&Ks ( which I haven't tried). 13+1 in the gun and a spare 13 rd. mag in my front pocket right now.

3OegUaa.jpg
Just picked up this exact model yesterday. I completely agree, the trigger pull is very nice on this handgun. About the thinnest grip on a .45 ACP I've ever owned. Very impressed so far, can't wait to get it out to the range this weekend.

Interesting that the XD Mod 2 was featured in a Springfield article as recently as March, yet ALL models of the XD Mod 2 have disappeared from their website.

I love my two XD-M's, but if I wanted the original XD series, the Mod 2 is the one I would want, specifically for the grip texturing, compared to the original XD.

Interesting that the XD Mod 2 was featured in a Springfield article as recently as March, yet ALL models of the XD Mod 2 have disappeared from their website.

I love my two XD-M's, but if I wanted the original XD series, the Mod 2 is the one I would want, specifically for the grip texturing, compared to the original XD.

Moral of the story when dealing with Springfield Armory’s product rotisserie: you snooze, you lose.

Check PSA

I think I’ll hold out and see IF something new pops up.

I hypothesize there is something in the works based on:

1. Springfield posted the video about the XD Mod. 2 showing a tactical model that wasn’t available (yet?). Seems like a lot of time and effort (and bad timing) for a line that is being cancelled.
2. Not two-weeks later they fall off the website. Clearing old stock and updating website?
3. The video is still here. Wouldn’t you think SA would pull this thread, and video, down if the line was cancelled?
4. SA monitors these boards and Mike H comments on threads. If the Mod.2 was cancelled why wouldn’t they/he come out and say so and save all the questions.

It may be wishful thinking but I’m not in a hurry. If they are gone I’ll consider the XDM or maybe a Sig P320.

I think I’ll hold out and see IF something new pops up.

I hypothesize there is something in the works based on:

1. Springfield posted the video about the XD Mod. 2 showing a tactical model that wasn’t available (yet?). Seems like a lot of time and effort (and bad timing) for a line that is being cancelled.
2. Not two-weeks later they fall off the website. Clearing old stock and updating website?
3. The video is still here. Wouldn’t you think SA would pull this thread, and video, down if the line was cancelled?
4. SA monitors these boards and Mike H comments on threads. If the Mod.2 was cancelled why wouldn’t they/he come out and say so and save all the questions.

It may be wishful thinking but I’m not in a hurry. If they are gone I’ll consider the XDM or maybe a Sig P320.

I'm pretty sure you're right. No way they just discontinue the Mod 2 line. I think something's in the works.

I want a 4 or 5 inch Mod 2 double stack and there are none to be found on the website. I've been carrying XDs for so long that I couldn't even find a holster for my first one because it was too new on the market. I think I could still see "HS2000" faintly on the slidewhen I bought it. :) I have 2 subcompact 9 Mod 2, but am looking for a longer barrel for some tactical shooting. Might have to go with the XDm Elite, I guess.

I want a 4 or 5 inch Mod 2 double stack and there are none to be found on the website. I've been carrying XDs for so long that I couldn't even find a holster for my first one because it was too new on the market. I think I could still see "HS2000" faintly on the slidewhen I bought it. :) I have 2 subcompact 9 Mod 2, but am looking for a longer barrel for some tactical shooting. Might have to go with the XDm Elite, I guess.

PSA had them a couple weeks ago.

I wrote to SA about the XD Mod.2 and received this from Penne B

Yes sir, the XD Mod.2 firearms line has been discontinued. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Back