testtest

What's Your EDC, PLEASE VOTE

WHAT'S YOUR EDC, PLEASE VOTE

• Total voters
Springfield XDS or Springfield RO 1911 in 45acp
My EDC is a 9mm Sig P320 X-Compact--not my first choice for EDC, but it's reliable and fits my hand well (at least with a third-party pinky extension on the magazine.) I would've chosen a more expensive "better" pistol, but I read an interesting piece of advice about EDC pistols--buy one that you won't cry over losing because if for whatever reason the police take it away, you're not going to get it back in the same condition it was in before it was confiscated...if you get it back at all. (...and for perfectionists like myself, additional scratches, dents, and other damage can quickly turn a treasured item into an unwanted one.)
XDS in 45 ACP. Stealth Gear holster and spare mag carrier.

Grew up with the 45 and it it is hard to change.

However I would sure like to give the Hellcat RDP a test run.
Welcome to the forum guys! Post and enjoy, lots of good people here!

Hellcat with a Blackhawk CQC holster For me. Living in warm weather Florida I find concealment an issue 10 months out of the year where heavier clothing just won’t work making, smaller is better, in Florida. Second is the availability of 9mm ammunition. My Hellcat fits both needs quite well and I love the reliability of this weapon.

My earlier response to this thread simply stated .40 S&W, which does answer the OP's question directly. The more expanded answer is that for the last couple of years, I have carried the Smith & Wesson M&P40 m2.0 compact as my primary EDC, and I love it. I realize that this is a Springfield Armory-centric site, and will redeem my response by stating that I also own a custom SA 1911 and the XMm Elite 5.25 that I use for local competitions, and I love those too.

MandP_Captain.jpg

My .40S&W EDC

Last edited:
My earlier response to this thread simply stated .40 S&W, which does answer the OP's question directly. The more expanded answer is that for the last couple of years, I have carried the Smith & Wesson M&P40 m2.0 compact as my primary EDC, and I love it. I realize that this is a Springfield Armory-centric site, and will redeem my response by stating that I also own a custom SA 1911 and the XMm Elite 5.25 that I use for local competitions, and I love those too.

View attachment 24197

My .40S&W EDC
Got one myself in FDE tan. Mine has thumb safety though ( I’m a bit old school).
It is a fine pistol, although I’m a 1911 freak, haha! ;)

As much as I want to carry a 45acp my back dictates the size and caliber. Sometimes its the 40 shield but most of the time its the Hellcat.

Back