testtest

When a Fast Draw Is a Mistake

Great article Mike, In my years working in manufacturing I worked with training many people that as they started to learn something new they tried to do it as fast as possible to soon. My response was slow is fast, build your technique first go through the process one step at a time, once the process becomes fluid the speed time increases on its own naturally.

A patch I have and live by
5665C366-4EFF-43B8-BB8C-C8E5CB1D7244.jpeg

Great article Mike, In my years working in manufacturing I worked with training many people that as they started to learn something new they tried to do it as fast as possible to soon. My response was slow is fast, build your technique first go through the process one step at a time, once the process becomes fluid the speed time increases on its own naturally.

This is basically what John Lovell says.

Somewhere I know not I was reading an article by a fella that uses the draw by rotating his arm in an arc very close to the holster-kinda like a hip draw and fire from the rotated position never having brought the pistol up to eye line sight.
Anyone remember who in the training circle was teaching a method like this.
I believe he was snap shooting and getting some pretty good hits for not using sights.

Excellent article. I think anyone who carries should work on their draw like this. Not just a few times until you get the hang of it. Think of it as continuing education. You need to keep yourself sharp with this step because there really is no room for mistakes here.

Excellent article. I think anyone who carries should work on their draw like this. Not just a few times until you get the hang of it. Think of it as continuing education. You need to keep yourself sharp with this step because there really is no room for mistakes here.
Agreed
Years ago Had a hog charge thru at me when scouting for deer in the woods. Had to draw on her and fire a .45. Never really practiced my draw. Didnt go smooth as you envision under duress. Got the job done, but learned that i needed to practice.

Back