testtest

When Pistols Are Like Pickles

So I was wondering where the article was going with the whole pickle thing but that’s probably because I don’t like pickles LOL great article and good tips, they did miss on one I showed my lady who struggled with racking the slide on my 9mm Mod2 sub compact. It uses the same method (sort of) push and push it is closer to the body, with the muzzle pointing down range under the arm of the support arm. strong hand “right” pushing left, support hand “left” pushing right, what’s needed is total trigger discipline as well as keeping the the palm of the support hand above the slide, “using the saddle method” so skin is not pinched.

The article explains it pretty well. I had a hard time trying to get my old man to do this. Even after physically showing him. He's 80 years old and arthritic. I bought him a .380 EZ Shield which quickly became his favorite pistol for this reason.
The XDe as shown in the pictures is what I carry and it is also easier (not easier than EZ) to rack. The reason is that both the M&P EZ is single action hammer fired, XDE being both double and single. I carry mine single. Shooting the XDe in double places the trigger too far forward. I've practiced it a lot ,but, have a hard time getting off a good first shot in double action. A good first shot for me is within 4 inches at 10 yards.

The XDe as shown in the pictures is what I carry and it is also easier (not easier than EZ) to rack. The reason is that both the M&P EZ is single action hammer fired, XDE being both double and single. I carry mine single. Shooting the XDe in double places the trigger too far forward. I've practiced it a lot ,but, have a hard time getting off a good first shot in double action. A good first shot for me is within 4 inches at 10 yards.
I dont have the M&P EZ, so I cant compare. The XDE is great to rack. That first double action shot is brutal though. My Shield 2.0 probably gives me the most resistance out of the ones I have even after putting hundreds of rounds through it.

Good article. The author's methodology also ensures that you don't "ride the slide" - in other words, you put the saddle on the horse, but then that critter just runs away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Excellent article as usual! One small suggestion, take a black sharpie and color out North Face, they hate us and donate to groups that destroy our cities.
Also Bass Bob reminds me of getting my Dad a firearm. Around 1990 Dad called me and said the neighborhood was getting bad and wanted a pistol. We never had firearms in our home. Dad was and Air Commando Glider Pilot who saw much action he never spoke of till his late 70's. He had carried the Colt 1911, Thompson Machine Gun and a case of grenades under his seat. I was an ffl and ordered in the Colt and gave it as a gift (with proper paperwork). I drove to his state and we went to the range for a refresher. I showed him everything including proper stance (STUPID ME) and he shot ok and then asked me if he could shoot the way he learned, sideways stance 1 handed. Sure Dad! Perfect shots in a 5" circle at 20' "Dad, I'm sorry for even giving you lessons" "It's ok son, thanks for the pistol".

Back