testtest

When will it stop?

835mag

Elite
In the past week SA has discontinued the XDe, the 911, and the XDm in 10mm. Where is this going? When is it going to stop? Soon I will have a collection of discontinued relics. Will SA still service these guns? Or will they be like Ruger and just stop all parts and service after a certain length of time? To me when a company says lifetime warranty it should mean forever as long as the company is in business.

In the past week SA has discontinued the XDe, the 911, and the XDm in 10mm. Where is this going? When is it going to stop? Soon I will have a collection of discontinued relics. Will SA still service these guns? Or will they be like Ruger and just stop all parts and service after a certain length of time? To me when a company says lifetime warranty it should mean forever as long as the company is in business.
In the last few days Springfield has removed from their lineup many models, this does not mean they will fail to honor the lifetime warranty on guns currently sold. They wouldn’t be the company they are by doing so.

Odds are, you won’t need service.

I have a friend who owns a bicycle shop. Some of the bike manufacturers are paring down the number of models offered due to supply chain and labor issues. They are only producing the top selling models. They claim their intent is to bring back these models once/if things settle out. Perhaps this is the case with SA as well.

Bear in mind the Ronin EMP, Garrison, Emissary, SA35, and at least one new 1911 Operator came on line since last summer… there may be others that I don’t recall right off. ( interesting that all these are metal).

It’s not unlike cars. Models come on, go out, and sometimes reappear ( albeit always with changes , far as cars go).

But SAs service won’t stop. Parts will surely be there a long time too.

i am not watching any gun maker's line of products, either for new models, revamped models or end of run models..

but i will say this, there will be a high probability that the warehouse's are stocked with the end or run models, waiting for a good home.

that and the "spare parts" for warranty work will always be available in one form or another, either from S/A or thru other manufacturers.

one more thing and that is "supply and demand" of the end of the run model, may very well dictate higher prices for what's left.

Most companies I have worked for or with will provide parts and or service for an extended time period after discontinuation. It seemed to range normally from 7 to 10 years, or until parts supplies dried up.

I suspect that you do not have to worry for some time to come.

Back