testtest

When Your Sole Social Skill Is Shoot 'Em!

Inexperienced or stupid people may do stupid things come to mind?
Catalyst? At a fast food joint? Media hoopla? They're rarely fast anymore if they ever really were and people can get upset when they're not? And, a 19 Y.O. can be hit or miss sometimes with many things? - Still, no reason for gun-play.

This article actually mentions two incidents: the Taco Bell (title topic) and a recent Wendys incident in Ohio. Interestingly, both involved female customers, already in running automobiles, and some sort of ‘customer service dispute’ at fast food places presumably in urban/suburban settings. (Mods: just listing the above factually from the article).
Wonder if there are many more? Or parallel incidents involving other venues? And if these incidents are on the rise?
Not trying to draw conclusions, but i have mentioned in the past that there’d be problems if guns continue to be marketed like cigarettes once were, a ‘fashionable’ thing to have.

Plainly these two as individuals have either self-control issues, an inability to understand the finality of killing someone, a ‘TV land’ mentality , or something. I dunno what.

As much as I believe in 2A and gun(s) at home, the majority of people I see do not need to be carrying. Just my belief.

I think of this kind of behavior as a "social media mentality." By that I mean emotionally immature people who feel entitled to lash out without thinking whenever they get upset about something. They're used to being safe behind a computer screen when they behave this way, and it translates to "real life" interactions. Of course, I'm just being a dime store psychologist, but that's my gut reaction.

Maybe no fire taco sauce either.
This type of behavior is growing across the country. Have a dispute pull a gun and shoot someone. Unbelievable.
…playing right into the hands of people who want to do away with guns. Or eliminate the right to carry outside your castle.

I know it’s irrational but sometimes I can’t help wondering if this stuff is some bizarre plot…

I liked it better when the ‘gun club’ was smaller and only included gun people.

I think of this kind of behavior as a "social media mentality." By that I mean emotionally immature people who feel entitled to lash out without thinking whenever they get upset about something. They're used to being safe behind a computer screen when they behave this way, and it translates to "real life" interactions. Of course, I'm just being a dime store psychologist, but that's my gut reaction.
No, I’ve often felt the same.

Back