testtest

Where are the SA-35's?

Txbobcat62

Operator
Question mostly for the Mod's, but appreciate any good info.
Where are the Sa-35's? My LGS's say they have only seen a few come through. This is after about a year from release. I've heard about extractor issues, one guy behind counter said they are waiting for parts.
Would like an "official" answer from SA.
Thanks.

1675280751732.png

yeah and they admitted as much. Why would they not be honest about these? What do they gain? If they can make full 1911's here, why is the SA-35 any different? I cannot find any proof other than pure speculation on other forums such as THR.
Gun Digest Magazine

Word on the Street

Springfield Armory says they reimagined the Hi-Power and to not call it a “classic.” I assume they’re afraid “classic” will be misconstrued to mean antiquated. But whether they’ll admit it or not, they’ve revived a classic.

They also say it’s made in the USA from a forged steel slide and frame. That’s true. What they don’t tell you is the frame and slide come—80 percent—from Tisas in Turkey (Springfield Armory wouldn’t confirm this but I have it on good authority). However, that’s not a bad thing, and given Springfield Armory sources other handguns and parts from outside the U.S., it shouldn’t be a surprise. Tisas is a very capable manufacture that turns out high-quality products, and this is one way Springfield Armory managed to keep the cost of the SA-35 manageable … and I applaud them for it.

"Springfield Armory wouldn’t confirm this but I have it on good authority". Yeah that's my exact issue. Thats always how the road eneds. Springfield doesnt say so, Tisas hasnt. Just speculation from which I dont even see what basis is? They cant imagine a US company that makes their own slides? They look "similar"?

I’ve had people tell me that the SA-35 is just a rebranded Turkish Hi-Power. This is not true. First off, there are small differences in those pistols, including subtly different contours on the frame. Any pistols made in Europe are subject to specific regulations, and one of those is marking the serial number on the frame, slide, and barrel. The only markings you’ll see on the SA-35 are the HP-prefix serial number on the frame, and Geneseo, IL marked on the frame and slide. Springfield Armory clearly states that the pistol is made in America.

to the o/p, get yourself a CZ 75B.......much better over all...

i had an SA 35, and dumped it..i had no issues with it's dependability, but the CZ 75B is much better overall.

"Springfield Armory wouldn’t confirm this but I have it on good authority". Yeah that's my exact issue. Thats always how the road eneds. Springfield doesnt say so, Tisas hasnt. Just speculation from which I dont even see what basis is? They cant imagine a US company that makes their own slides? They look "similar"?
While it can’t be published in a monthly magazine to the public, without the fear of false information and possibly a lawsuit, you can believe what you want, Springfield has done this in the past to save costs, like the Imbel 1911’s

While it can’t be published in a monthly magazine to the public, without the fear of false information and possibly a lawsuit, you can believe what you want, Springfield has done this in the past to save costs, like the Imbel 1911’s
I know about IMBEL, the difference is they were labeled as such. Same with their Croatia imports. SA-35's dont. SA says USA for the entire pistol anywhere they are asked. I will choose to believe them here as they have no record of being dishonest about origin that I know of.

I know about IMBEL, the difference is they were labeled as such. Same with their Croatia imports. SA-35's dont. SA says USA for the entire pistol anywhere they are asked. I will choose to believe them here as they have no record of being dishonest about origin that I know of.
Well, now that we are in complete disarray about where parts are made...
What is holding up getting this gun on the shelf?

Back