testtest

Where are the SA-35's?

I know about IMBEL, the difference is they were labeled as such. Same with their Croatia imports. SA-35's dont. SA says USA for the entire pistol anywhere they are asked. I will choose to believe them here as they have no record of being dishonest about origin that I know of.
To be honest, does it really matter where it’s made, Springfield warrants it for life, here is another one that will throw you, when Kimber left Oregon to New York, before they got all there machines up, S&W forged there frames and slides for almost a year till Kimber got everything up and running

To be honest, does it really matter where it’s made, Springfield warrants it for life, here is another one that will throw you, when Kimber left Oregon to New York, before they got all there machines up, S&W forged there frames and slides for almost a year till Kimber got everything up and running
I agree, it doesn't to me personally. Im sure companies build things for each other more than we know. However, to many many people in the US it does. Especially the red blooded gun crowd. They want American made parts and guns.

I agree, it doesn't to me personally. Im sure companies build things for each other more than we know. However, to many many people in the US it does. Especially the red blooded gun crowd. They want American made parts and guns.
It’s good to want things.

Fact is, more and more small parts are being outsourced—springs, etc…and if you want 100% made in the US…you’re gonna pay a steep price (see: Wilson, et al).

Heck, Springfield’s top sellers—the XD/Hellcat line—are made lock, stock & barrel in Croatia. They’ve been an importer for a long time, and I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t bring in foreign components for the SA35’s.

Last edited:
Well, now that we are in complete disarray about where parts are made...
What is holding up getting this gun on the shelf?
could be any one of several reasons..

1) the gun store is not high on the list of priorities for supplies

2A) the company may be waiting for more 10 round magazines to be built, for those states that outlawed mag capacities above 10 rounds

2B) (as a side note, my BIL's full time day job, is at Metal Form, the company that MAKES many different magazines for all sorts of calibers. he told me 2 weeks ago, they got a very large order for 10 round magazines)

3) parts may be in short supply, like so many other things these days.

take your pic, there may be many more reasons why your LGS doesn't have any.

It’s good to want things.

Fact is, more and more small parts are being outsourced—springs, etc…and if you want 100% made in the US…you’re gonna pay a steep price (see: Wilson, et al).

Heck, Springfield’s top sellers—the XD/Hellcat line—are made lock, stock & barrel in Croatia. They’ve been an importer for a long time, and I don’t see any reason why they would t bring in foreign components for the SA35’s.
I agree, they absolutely could and wouldnt bother me or you. But they say they don't. Thats where i take issue. If they say they don't, there is zero proof saying they do, then I'm inclined to believe until proven other wise.

I agree, they absolutely could and wouldnt bother me or you. But they say they don't. Thats where i take issue. If they say they don't, there is zero proof saying they do, then I'm inclined to believe until proven other wise.
Have they actually said they don’t. Other than a stamp on a gun. It seems to me that they have gone out of their way to avoid commenting one way or the other.

They are made in Geneseo. Unless there is a Geneseo, Turkey.
Final assembly & finishing occurs in Geneseo, IL.

The Tisas rep at the NRA Show said all their BHP (Tisas BR9 model produced a few years ago) production is going to Springfield. And front & rear site cuts in the slide are the same oddball cuts as the BR9, and not original BHP spec.

US import law are wishy-washy when it comes to how much foreign content is allowed to still call something Made in the USA.

Love how everyone says get this gun or that gun...
Gotta love forums...and opinions.
I've had BHPs since the mid-80's so I know the platform, can tell which BHP replica (which the SA-35 is) is put together better than another, and how far an example has deviated from the original. So my "opinion" is an educated one.

The SA-35 is patterned after the Mk. II BHP which was the next to last iteration of the original before it was discontinued by FN/Browning.

Enjoy your wait.

Final assembly & finishing occurs in Geneseo, IL.

The Tisas rep at the NRA Show said all their BHP (Tisas BR9 model produced a few years ago) production is going to Springfield. And front & rear site cuts in the slide are the same oddball cuts as the BR9, and not original BHP spec.

US import law are wishy-washy when it comes to how much foreign content is allowed to still call something Made in the USA.
Yeah I saw that comment in the other forum. Again, it was..."I heard this one guy say this guy said....." I dont have a limited knowledge base. Some of you seem to be easily gulible when random forum people say something then it has to be true. I figured some of you better than that. On springfield forum I figured we would want to make sure new users see the truth about their products.

I've had BHPs since the mid-80's so I know the platform, can tell which BHP replica (which the SA-35 is) is put together better than another, and how far an example has deviated from the original. So my "opinion" is an educated one.

The SA-35 is patterned after the Mk. II BHP which was the next to last iteration of the original before it was discontinued by FN/Browning.

Enjoy your wait.
I thank you for your opinion. I have never had the opportunity to own a genuine BHP, because of cost and that I am somewhat parsimonious. The SA-35 now offers the BHP style/clone I can feel comfortable spending the money on. Just like the look more than the Girsan or CZ 75.
I just can't figure out why none of the several LGS's in my town don't have them in stock, when there are plenty of Hellcats. 🤔🤔

Yeah I saw that comment in the other forum. Again, it was..."I heard this one guy say this guy said....." I dont have a limited knowledge base. Some of you seem to be easily gulible when random forum people say something then it has to be true. I figured some of you better than that. On springfield forum I figured we would want to make sure new users see the truth about their products.
Ok, I thought this discussion was over on the SA-35, first I am not gullible on anything, some of us have many years of experience and knowledge on firearms and such. I posted what is the information on Tisas forging some of the SA-35, @Talyn then added more information also, and he is I don’t think gullible either, either you choose what we have shown you or not, seems to me you just want to keep arguing over this, for some reason you just think that Springfield is all mighty and doesn’t outsource some of there products. And again I don’t appreciate being called gullible, I don’t give false or misleading information on this forum, if I am not sure of a post, I won’t post it.

Last edited:
Back