testtest

Where are the SA-35's?

Folks can fuss and fume over where parts come from, but even the original Brownings didn't have any American made parts. One can get what's currently available or go for an older Browning. Here's some to give you an idea of what you'll find if you're thinking about going that route: https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/hand-guns/high-powers
Yep, all of the originals were either entirely made in Belgium, made in Belgium, & assembled in Portugal, or made elsewhere under license, aside for the WW2 Canadian Inglis ones.

Interesting how I started a simple thread on SA-35 availability and all of a sudden we're arguing about where parts are made and definition of "made in America" and calling each other names.
I thought we were all here to share a common bond among men.

Interesting how I started a simple thread on SA-35 availability and all of a sudden we're arguing about where parts are made and definition of "made in America" and calling each other names.
I thought we were all here to share a common bond among men.
Yea, sorry on my part, but I didn’t see any name calling really.

So, I took a little advice and looked at the CZ 75 and Girsan MC P35 as and alternate to the SA-35. Don't care for the CZ, no particular reason. The Girsan was interesting, especially the Match version. I've seen some mixed reviews, not completely sold on it yet. Still think the SA-35 "might" be better quality...
I suppose if I went to my LGS, and had both guns available, I would choose the SA-35, just like the look a little better.

So, I took a little advice and looked at the CZ 75 and Girsan MC P35 as and alternate to the SA-35. Don't care for the CZ, no particular reason. The Girsan was interesting, especially the Match version. I've seen some mixed reviews, not completely sold on it yet. Still think the SA-35 "might" be better quality...
I suppose if I went to my LGS, and had both guns available, I would choose the SA-35, just like the look a little better.
Ran across this article, pretty good read

The magazine disconnect on the standard Girsan MCP35 is easily removed. SA just didn't install one in the SA-35 but called it a "modernization". :rolleyes:

The Girsan MCP35 Match & OPS models don't have the magazine disconnect.

There are 20 MCP35 Match/OPS on GB right now. The lowest price is ~$620.

Last edited:
i find that interesting that the CZ didn't either appeal to you, or for what ever reason. at the big LGS i have been dealing with now the past 3 years, the CZ brand flies off the shelves nearly as soon as they come in.

very popular, well made, dependable firearms that they are. such a huge company that in fact, they own Dan Wesson, and now Colt as well

oh well......i like'em

The magazine disconnect on the standard Girsan MCP35 is easily removed. SA just didn't install one in the SA-35 but called it a "modernization". :rolleyes:

The Girsan MCP35 Match & OPS models don't have the magazine disconnect.

There are 20 MCP35 Match/OPS on GB right now. The lowest price is ~$620.
Girsan makes excellent clones. i had the Girsan MC Regard, the clone to the Beretta 92FS, and what surprised me was the build quality for the price. it had a steel trigger (Beretta was plastic) it has a steel guide rod, (the Beretta is plastic)..

i had both guns, but i had to "thin out" my collection for personal reasons, and dumped the Girsan.

also, i switched out the Beretta's plastic parts for thier steel replacements.

many parts of both guns are interchangeable too.

i find that interesting that the CZ didn't either appeal to you, or for what ever reason. at the big LGS i have been dealing with now the past 3 years, the CZ brand flies off the shelves nearly as soon as they come in.

very popular, well made, dependable firearms that they are. such a huge company that in fact, they own Dan Wesson, and now Colt as well

oh well......i like'em
I know CZ makes great guns, and I like the 75 OK. But when looking at a BHP or clone, I'm looking for the traditional style/function. I don't really see the CZ as a BHP replacement, there are too many differences. Perhaps I should just find and buy a genuine Browning...

I picked up my SA-35 from the dealer last Friday. I originally ordered it on Dec. 21, 2021. Had to reorder it in March or April of 2022 due to the end of the IOP program. During the wait for the SA-35 I picked up a Girsan Match. The triggers on the 2 guns are comparable but the slide to frame fit is much better on the SA-35 the Girsan is a bit loose. The Girsan functions perfectly and accuracy is decent. The SA-35 had bluing salts coming from the area of the bushing. Other than that I didn't see any issues, I didn't really care for the untreated wood so the grips got a coat of polyurethane.

I have not been able to shoot the SA-35 since I had eye surgery on the day before I picked up the pistol and need to wait a bit before I do any shooting.

I picked up my SA-35 from the dealer last Friday. I originally ordered it on Dec. 21, 2021. Had to reorder it in March or April of 2022 due to the end of the IOP program. During the wait for the SA-35 I picked up a Girsan Match. The triggers on the 2 guns are comparable but the slide to frame fit is much better on the SA-35 the Girsan is a bit loose. The Girsan functions perfectly and accuracy is decent. The SA-35 had bluing salts coming from the area of the bushing. Other than that I didn't see any issues, I didn't really care for the untreated wood so the grips got a coat of polyurethane.

I have not been able to shoot the SA-35 since I had eye surgery on the day before I picked up the pistol and need to wait a bit before I do any shooting.
A little loose is desirable in the BHP design with the internal rails. Because of its design the BHP slide has a tendency to heat up during extended firing then the slide rails expand which causes the gun to freeze up, which has been proven in firing tests of the SA-35.

This isn't just a BHP idiosyncrasy. I've seen multiple expensive IPSC/IDPA 1911 built so tight they also freeze up.

SO, folks always think tighter is better, but that's not necessary so.

The Original BHPs always had a little looseness, and I'd rather have that than a pistol freeze up on me when its needed.

Also, the "bluing salts" around the muzzle have been found to be residue of the "Lok-tight" used to secure the barrel bushing to the slide. That was discovered during an extensive investigation of the SA-35.

The Originals used brazing to secure the barrel bushing to the slide. It appears that the Girsans stuck to the original method.

Last edited:

oh well......i like'em
What works for one person may not work for another.

Haters going to hate... I love my SA35s they are reliable and accurate. I'm just curious tho do these peeps attack all other items that are made in America or just the SA35 lol rofl
pointing-laughing.gif

Question mostly for the Mod's, but appreciate any good info.
Where are the Sa-35's? My LGS's say they have only seen a few come through. This is after about a year from release. I've heard about extractor issues, one guy behind counter said they are waiting for parts.
Would like an "official" answer from SA.
Thanks.
Question mostly for the Mod's, but appreciate any good info.
Where are the Sa-35's? My LGS's say they have only seen a few come through. This is after about a year from release. I've heard about extractor issues, one guy behind counter said they are waiting for parts.
Would like an "official" answer from SA.
Thanks.
WELL, let me give you some hope: SA introduced the SA-35 about SEPT. 2021 ( I don't remember the exact date). My dealer is the Scottsdale Gun Club in Scottsdale AZ. (google it) . On Dec. 13 of 2021 I paid for one in full; my dealer told me I was number 13 ( all paid in full). SA got my pistol to my dealer in DEC. 2022 !!! SA could not get 13 guns to one of their largest dealers in the west for a year!!. Now, keeping in mind how much of a customer oriented company SA is, try to find a set of sights other than the XS sight to fit the damn pistol. It seems SA made the rear sight dovetail so large, not other company will make sights for the pistol. So, companies like TRUGLO that make Tritium/fiberoptic sights will not make sights, neither will most of the other sight companies. In case you are wondering, I have written 4 different emails to SA Customer service asking for the dimensions of the front sight dovetail hoping to find a front sight that will fit and have not received a single reply. While the SA-35 is a superb pistol, the sights suck and XS sights do not have the fiber optic component that adds a tremendous advantage - so SA almost made a great pistol.

Back