testtest

Where are the SA-35's?

WELL, let me give you some hope: SA introduced the SA-35 about SEPT. 2021 ( I don't remember the exact date). My dealer is the Scottsdale Gun Club in Scottsdale AZ. (google it) . On Dec. 13 of 2021 I paid for one in full; my dealer told me I was number 13 ( all paid in full). SA got my pistol to my dealer in DEC. 2022 !!! SA could not get 13 guns to one of their largest dealers in the west for a year!!. Now, keeping in mind how much of a customer oriented company SA is, try to find a set of sights other than the XS sight to fit the damn pistol. It seems SA made the rear sight dovetail so large, not other company will make sights for the pistol. So, companies like TRUGLO that make Tritium/fiberoptic sights will not make sights, neither will most of the other sight companies. In case you are wondering, I have written 4 different emails to SA Customer service asking for the dimensions of the front sight dovetail hoping to find a front sight that will fit and have not received a single reply. While the SA-35 is a superb pistol, the sights suck and XS sights do not have the fiber optic component that adds a tremendous advantage - so SA almost made a great pistol.
Find a new dealer
I saw over a dozen in DFW at various shops in that timeframe. I even bought one.

It seems cognitive dissonance as defined as the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change is apparent in this discussion. Sometimes one just has to make up his or her mind and pick-up on one and leave the other behind, or one could purchase one of each model and discover the truth. This practice may work well with firearms, but not well when chosing a spouse. So a friend told me. :cool:

Last edited:
Update, if anyone is still following this topic.
I bought the Girsan MC P35 Match, after watching some reviews and talking to some people and immediately took it to the range. One guy said he wished he would have bought this, instead of the SA-35. Now I'm not a gun conisuer, but I really like it. Fit and finish are great, like the G10 grips, trigger was good, safety was good. Shot about 100 rounds, mix of Spear Gold Dots, Win. 115 gr and some 115 gr hand loads with no hiccups or malfunctions. I didn't have a lot of time, so I wasn't super focused, but shot well. Groups were good, I could have shot better. Sights seemed to be right. I haven't shot a hammer fired pistol in a minute so will have to acclimate. Will make a fine carry piece in a Craft Holster.

I bought the Girsan MC P35 Match, after watching some reviews and talking to some people and immediately took it to the range. One guy said he wished he would have bought this, instead of the SA-35. Now I'm not a gun conisuer, but I really like it. Fit and finish are great, like the G10 grips, trigger was good, safety was good. Shot about 100 rounds, mix of Spear Gold Dots, Win. 115 gr and some 115 gr hand loads with no hiccups or malfunctions. I didn't have a lot of time, so I wasn't super focused, but shot well. Groups were good, I could have shot better. Sights seemed to be right. I haven't shot a hammer fired pistol in a minute so will have to acclimate. Will make a fine carry piece in a Craft Holster.
i think i said earlier, i had a Girsan, the clone to a Beretta, and loved it. it had more to offer for the price than the Beretta.

but things needed to be "adjusted" here at the house, so the Girsan had to go.

you will get lots of use out of it.

Glad you found something that meets your needs.

I got mine at an Academy about an hour away from me after I signed up to be notified when they were in stock last summer. They notified me just before Christmas and I jumped on it. About 2 weeks ago my local Atwoods got one in and are asking under MSRP for it. It was the first one I had seen for sale in town, I almost bought it too.

Good for you! Sometime you just have to jump. God knows that’s pretty much my gun buying strategy! I’ve been tempted to buy one of these and I’m not even a Hi Power fan, but I do have a mate who is and he breaks out in hives whenever I bust out a new Turkish gun.

Good for you! Sometime you just have to jump. God knows that’s pretty much my gun buying strategy! I’ve been tempted to buy one of these and I’m not even a Hi Power fan, but I do have a mate who is and he breaks out in hives whenever I bust out a new Turkish gun.
5F0DD442-B85C-4964-BECE-FC39A39860D1.gif

Not another Turkish gun….nooooooooo

View attachment 36341
Not another Turkish gun….nooooooooo
i am trying to locate the factories for Tisas and Girsan, and am wondering if this massive earthquake was near the factories, but more importantly, if any employees are affected, and cannot even get to work.

this could greatly affect the gun/parts productions over there.

ok just found them, apparently both factories are way up north...Tisas is made in Trabzon, and Girsan is made in Giresun

but right now, they are in a state of emergency, i suspect the guns/parts will take a back seat to the crisis there.

God speed to all there.

Last edited:
i am trying to locate the factories for Tisas and Girsan, and am wondering if this massive earthquake was near the factories, but more importantly, if any employees are affected, and cannot even get to work.

this could greatly affect the gun/parts productions over there.

ok just found them, apparently both factories are way up north...Tisas is made in Trabzon, and Girsan is made in Giresun

but right now, they are in a state of emergency, i suspect the guns/parts will take a back seat to the crisis there.

God speed to all there.
Don’t forget, on Girson, any High Power parts fit and work in this clone, now I’m talking about the old original High Power, not the new FN release, so parts are available if needed.

I've been looking for a SA-35 since they started production.
I was looking for a 9mm Hi-Power before the production stopped, and I found some BR9s, they seem ok.

I picked up the Girsan '35 Match last month. Now, I'm so glad I haven't seen the SA.
I could say bad things about Turkey, but I am a bit grieved about the earthquake, and they do make good handguns.
This Girsan is going to be in my favorite carry-rotation.

If I find a SA-35 now, it'll probably be 2nd to the MC P35.
I've got a gun addiction, so I'll probably still take one home with me, I'm just not jonesing anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_185552513.jpg
    IMG_20230126_185552513.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
I have been waiting for an SA35 for two years. I owned an awesome Belgium Browning in my college years, I can still remember how unique and special it was, sold it for twice what I paid for it...450 as I recall!
I ordered one through GT Distributors via Blue Label program one month after they were announced. I have been able to find commercial SA models at other dealers. I sent SA an email, explaining how many people are waiting for them to honor their original promise. They conviently dropped the model from their Blue Label program and raised the commercial prices by over 1-2 hundred dollars. So much for commitment to service men\women, police and front line service people.
Other Austin vendors, Reds and Mcbrides have sold many at the 700-800 price range. Given the fact that I am waiting on what is essentially a TISA clone...I am pissed, disappointed and convinced that finding an original is worth the time and effort. Hello Gun Broker

I have been waiting for an SA35 for two years. I owned an awesome Belgium Browning in my college years, I can still remember how unique and special it was, sold it for twice what I paid for it...450 as I recall!
I ordered one through GT Distributors via Blue Label program one month after they were announced. I have been able to find commercial SA models at other dealers. I sent SA an email, explaining how many people are waiting for them to honor their original promise. They conviently dropped the model from their Blue Label program and raised the commercial prices by over 1-2 hundred dollars. So much for commitment to service men\women, police and front line service people.
Other Austin vendors, Reds and Mcbrides have sold many at the 700-800 price range. Given the fact that I am waiting on what is essentially a TISA clone...I am pissed, disappointed and convinced that finding an original is worth the time and effort. Hello Gun Broker
My shop has them in stock and they do online sales, here is the link

springfield-sa-35-9mm-4.7-blk-15rd

I've been seeing them in a few shops in my area. They are selling for around $750 on up. I also had ordered one in December 2021 using the old Individual Officer Program. Around March or April of 2022 I was informed that the IOP program was being revised and my order was cancelled. The in September of 2022 the dealer asked if I was willing to prepay for the SA-35. They would honor the old IOP price of $541. I finally picked up the pistol in late January 2023. The dealer is not involved in the new First Responders program with Springfield. There are no participating dealers in my state.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, other than a few sharp edges on the frame there have been no issues with the pistol. I've put maybe 1500 rounds through it and haven't had any function issues. Accuracy is also good, better than the Girsan Match that I picked up while waiting on the Springfield. I am fortunate that I have a stand up dealer who took care of me.

Similar situation, ordered one in November of 2021. Have not received it and purchased a commercial one from local ranges store for $780. Picked it up today. Going to shoot tomorrow. Beautiful weapon, looking at some grip options, front sight, and slide release. Going to check some Texas gunsmiths to see about custom work options. This is one that I plan to keep and pass along to my kid someday.

Similar situation, ordered one in November of 2021. Have not received it and purchased a commercial one from local ranges store for $780. Picked it up today. Going to shoot tomorrow. Beautiful weapon, looking at some grip options, front sight, and slide release. Going to check some Texas gunsmiths to see about custom work options. This is one that I plan to keep and pass along to my kid someday.
I have a very early production SA-35 and sent it to BH Spring Solutions. They fixed the issues I had with it and did a refinish job on it while there. I was very satisfied with their efforts:
IMG_1176-2-X5.jpg

The grips are from Hogue and it now wears a set of night sights from Springfield.

Mike

Back