testtest

Where did the Custom Shop price list go??

Strobe

Alpha
Hey...brand new to the Armory Life, stumbled on it looking for the CS's price list.

I got a SMOKING deal on an XD45, was wanting to send it in and get some work done by the CS. Cannot find it...did they end that? Am I missing something?

Thanks!!!

Supply & Demand: the price list has gone up!

Just kidding. I do have a sense of humor.

I'd imagine that with the massive run on handguns of late, meeting demand must be difficult.

To answer your question: I was very recently checking out the Custom Shop 1911-A1 4" 9MM (I want a copy). The price was listed on all Custom Shop handguns.

Keep in mind that MSRP might be lower than vendors' prices. Would you sell a gun for 1k if demand price were 3k?

Good Morning Mocha.

You're an extremely wise man.

Handgun composition, like all other facets of handguns, is personal preference. I'm old school: blued steel and wood, especially in big game rifle configurations. But I'm amenable to change. I'd go polymer for weight reduction. Heavy big game rifles at Rocky Mountain altitude ain't fun.

Carbon steel is stronger than stainless steel, not that tensile strength of handgun steel would amount to a difference with properly loaded cartridges. If a dangerously overloaded cartridge would damage a stainless handgun, it assuredly would damage a carbon steel handgun.

My introduction to Springfield Armory was a Loaded Model .45 ACP. The deal was too good to pass up. I owed Colt and S&W 1911-A1s. I figured that my loaded model would be of inferior quality to my more erroneously assumed noteworthy brands I will admit when I'm wrong. I'd rather be straightened out than go on thinking I'm right when I'm far from it. I was wrong about my Loaded Model assumption. That Loaded Model was worth twice what I paid. It out-shot both Colt and S&W combined. It was the essence of ultimate reliability.

I've run the gauntlet of wilderness handguns. I've suffered deep financial wounds trying to find the apex of wilderness handguns. My Loaded Model was all that and almost more. It has a Parkerized finish. The Eastern Sierra and Rockies are infamous for instant weather changes. A 1911-A1 .45 ACP that was impervious to fickle Eastern Sierra and Rocky Mountain weather would be the apex of wilderness handguns. Hence, I picked up a TRP .45 with Armory Kote. It is my only wilderness defense handgun. Armory Kote is a whole lot of mean environmental condition insurance.

I'm clueless of your handgun intentions. My TRP is a wilderness handgun. This is not a slight to revolvers. I appreciate a beautiful revolver as must as Ed McGivern. The wilderness reality is revolvers are less than ideal choices for wilderness carry. While, thank God, I've not experienced the anguish of dropping a handgun in water and covered with mud below. Should such a disaster occur, a small screwdriver (not necessary but helpful), a t-shirt, a twig, and fishing reel oil would remedy a mud bath. I could completely strip my TRP miles from my truck, clean it, and have it in completely reliable firing condition inside a half hour. That won't happen with a revolver.

I've considered going with Armory Kote on my Loaded Model. I have no clue how much it would cost me to Armory Kote it. I'm not sure it's necessary. I bought it to keep my kids occupied during trout napping times. While it would be an excellent wilderness handgun, that role has been won by my TRP with Armory Kote.

BTW, I have put at least three friends on to Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP. They have their names on waiting lists. Due to current social conditions that have resulted in geometric increase in demand for TRPs, my guess is they're in for a long wait.

I've sold my Colt and S&W 1911-A1s. I've gone all Springfield Armory 1911-A1s.

This is merely my opinion born of a whole lot of expensive experience: the Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP is the absolute best wilderness survival handgun. I'm completely good if others see it from other angles. We do not have identical visions.

My advice is to Armory Kote your handgun, especially if it'll be used in harsh wilderness conditions.

Wow lots to take in there thank you! SA TRP thank you.
I only want the slide done for Aesthetics I love the 2 tone look. I have a few 1911s. One of my faves being my TRP Champion

Hi Mocha,

I've tried to explain the benefit of Armory Kote. If you're not going to expose your 1911-A1s to extreme conditions, aesthetics is reason enough to go Armory Kote.

Back