testtest

Where’s the Ammo!!!!!

This is distressing, but at least they had the decency to tell you up front. I just got an email from Bass Pro that they have cancelled the order for .22 LR that I placed yesterday because the items are out of stock. I've been sticking up for Bass Pro and Cabela's because they have not drastically increased their prices during the shortage, but I'm not happy that they would accept an order for an item that they should have known they didn't have. I'm wondering why it took them a full day to figure this out.
I order from them all the time never had that happen hope I didn’t speak to soon I have an order with them now

Agree with Hans and Chance. If like me you used to go to the range and blow off a few hundred rounds each week in various calibers (I reloaded everything back then) well those days are over for me. I still shoot every week but fewer rounds. shoot a little IDPA for fun. 3-4 times a year train with a Pro. Range time now is more focused on various self defense drills from holster draw.
If your range allows it try it. You should learn something from every shot and you'll become more skilled and do it with fewer rounds and be better prepared should you have to defend yourself and your loved ones.

I just placed an order from Midway yesterday. There ammo selection for my favorite factory hunting cartridges and loads was unsatisfactory! I know it's not the Midways or the ammo producers fault. They Are doing everything thei can right now. Their brass, primers, and projectile selection was not near what it use to be either. A lot of products out of stock. In fact, I think they were completely out of large rifle primers! As much as I like to shoot. I'm going to be eating Spam for the next couple years considering the costs of ammo on the Island of Kodiak! I really need to start reloading. The only good news is. I'm getting close to having all I need to start reloading soon! I really hope this ammo crisis changes course in a better direction! Until then ,SPAM it is! Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

Hi,

Just picked up boxes of Blazer brass 9mm for $14.99. Thought that was a pretty good price considering what it is normally going for in the area.

Really? At a store local to you? That's a great price these days. My local sporting goods store has been selling Blazer Brass for $24.99 or more. I don't like spending 50¢ a round, but I've done it. Lately I try to get to my local big box store and get a 500 round pack for 36¢ per. Perhaps its just where I live, and prices will be lower once I leave California. I'm looking forward to having ammo delivered right to my front porch. :D (As long as the price is right.)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Really? At a store local to you? That's a great price these days. My local sporting goods store has been selling Blazer Brass for $24.99 or more. I don't like spending 50¢ a round, but I've done it. Lately I try to get to my local big box store and get a 500 round pack for 36¢ per. Perhaps its just where I live, and prices will be lower once I leave California. I'm looking forward to having ammo delivered right to my front porch. :D (As long as the price is right.)

BassCl
Hi,

BassCliff
I am from California also I can get 9mm at bass pro shop for 16.99 for 50 now 38 are higher 59.00 for 100 pk still cheaper than lgs free ship to the store also

Hi,

BassCliff
I bought a case of Blazer Brass 124gr a few weeks ago for $16/box.

Hi,

I am from California also I can get 9mm at bass pro shop for 16.99 for 50 now 38 are higher 59.00 for 100 pk still cheaper than lgs free ship to the store also

Yes! Bass Pro is where I've found the best prices lately. I'm an ammo-holic so I tend to buy as much as they'll let me. Unless I get the one box of 500, the most they can sell to me (since I'm not a member of "the club") is 250-300 rounds per visit. I was at the Rancho store a few days ago and got the 500 pack of WWB. They were out of their house brand, Herter's, which is re-branded WWB, for $20 less. At least there is ammo back on the shelves. Last year I was showing up before the stores opened, standing in line, and hoping they had some left by the time I got up to the sales counter. It's getting better! :D

BassCliff

Hi,

Yes! Bass Pro is where I've found the best prices lately. I'm an ammo-holic so I tend to buy as much as they'll let me. Unless I get the one box of 500, the most they can sell to me (since I'm not a member of "the club") is 250-300 rounds per visit. I was at the Rancho store a few days ago and got the 500 pack of WWB. They were out of their house brand, Herter's, which is re-branded WWB, for $20 less. At least there is ammo back on the shelves. Last year I was showing up before the stores opened, standing in line, and hoping they had some left by the time I got up to the sales counter. It's getting better! :D

BassCliff
I know you said you are moving soon but you should join the club there are advantages to it when I got 2 boxes of 100 in 38 special they were like I said 59. For a box I had 50 dollars in money points so I applied it to the order and hell damn near got I box free

Hi,

BassCliff
At my local (ok maybe not that local) gun store. Got an email from them that ammo prices were going up as of April 1, because of materials and transportation costs. They still had plenty of "pre April 1" ammo and kept the pricing. Went up there to buy a bucket of .40 and some defensive ammo, and a couple of P365 mags they had on sale for $29.99. The place is so busy, they check you at the door and let you know when you can go in (to avoid a huge crowd in the store). The guy at the door mentioned the 9mm ammo price. Max of 20 boxes. I took advantage. :)

Sadly most companies won't deliver ammo to my door as they don't want to mess with our wacky laws here.

Back