testtest

Which 1911

akatzke

Alpha
Ok figure this would be the best place to ask. I am torn between buying the Rnage Officer as I have shot it at the range and love it. But I have been reading about the Ronin but not have been able to try it out at the range as no one has one to try. From everything I have read the Ronin is a great 1911, the only complaint I have heard is that it scratches easily. I am going 45 with the one I purchase and currently I have been able to find the Ronin. Otherwise the question is which would be the better choice, the Range Officer or Ronin.

I have 3 SA 1911's @akatzke. I have the Range Officer A1 and 2 TRP's (45 and 10mm w/6" bbl). Although I can't speak to the Ronin, I can say my Range Officer shots as accurately as my TRPs or Colts and Kimbers1911's. The SA Range Officer was about 1/2 the cost of the TRPs, but the TRPs are a higher model than the RO.
I don't think you can go wrong with either and agree with Killford's assessment, as it's what you want to do with it. That Ronin does look sweet though (probably because I don't have one).

These guys ⬆️ pretty much summed it up. They’re going to perform regardless. Ronin is a little prettier but the RO has a parkerized finish that is hands down stronger than cerakote. The RO’s is also fitted making a worker not a range piece. Really depends on where you’re going with it.

Both.
im not a glitz and glamour guy. I hunt with my .45’s as back up, so i would say RO. If you like glitz, go Ronin.
If funds are no object, both make sense, afterall, have two hands right? Kidding! :)
Also may depend on which model of which style and which caliber you're thinking of too?

Best advice I know of is ask around for ideas, like you're doing, figure out what you think you're going to mostly use either for, try to cover your bases and do it to it. Either is very likely to be a good choice. Good luck!

Ok figure this would be the best place to ask. I am torn between buying the Rnage Officer as I have shot it at the range and love it. But I have been reading about the Ronin but not have been able to try it out at the range as no one has one to try. From everything I have read the Ronin is a great 1911, the only complaint I have heard is that it scratches easily. I am going 45 with the one I purchase and currently I have been able to find the Ronin. Otherwise the question is which would be the better choice, the Range Officer or Ronin.
Right now?

The one you can find.

Beyond that...they’re both pretty much the same base pistol.

Right now?

The one you can find.

Beyond that...they’re both pretty much the same base pistol.
That, unfortunately can easily be the best choice for right now.
Can be difficult getting past the "Oh, I'll just go pick one out or up or else just order what wanted" thing for many of us.
One of the difficult parts in getting past is advertisers are still advertising whatever they're promoting and shelves are bare. But, they need to eat too.

Last edited:
I have the Ronin and the Vickers Master Class, both in .45 ACP...

I think I posted on a thread a while back that my conclusion was the Ronin was rather the better value given the $ difference.
I actually found the slide serrations modestly better on the Ronin and preferred the slim grips (do u have smaller hands?) although the MC texture grips much better (also had front grip checkering- I assume RO has that too). MC has a longer sight radius but I don’t think an RO does.

I agree with Hans above but I am betting u are subconsciously talking yourself into the RO. But her

Take a sheet of paper and write Ronin vs RO across the top. Then list your 5 most important criteria in order importance down one side. Put a + or - under each model to see which has the most. If they even out, add a couple more criteria.

Either way, let us know what you decided !

Theither! No 1911s🥺, just kidding? Good luck finding ammo for anything! It's SA it should be good!
To quote another illustrious forum member:

1617797916679.gif

Back