testtest

Which CCW Insurance Program?

I chose CCW Safe but i don't remember why exactly. The most important part of any plan is the defense coverage.

They all offer defense coverage, that is the mainstay of the programs, difference is that additional benefits on some programs is included with price of insurance and some are add-ons. For instance, I live on a state border and spend time on both sides as well as travel to other states that we have a reciprococity <sp> agreement with. Some plans have multistate coverage standard whereas for US Law Shield its an add on for a few more bucks a month, same with bail coverage. With my plan you have unlimited legal whether criminal or civil but if you lose a civil trial you are responsible for any settlements awarded to the other side. With USCCA's premo plan, settlement liability is covered by them upto a limit of $2,000,000. My policy does not allow me to choose my own lawyer, I must use their vetted lawyers for each state, which I have researched and mine is considered to be the best defensive shooting lawyer in our state. Other plans allow you to choose your own but some of those also cap the limit they will pay. There are many more differences including cost, benefits, limits, exclusions, you really need to read the fine print. You need to decide what you need and how much you are willing to pay for it. If you have no insurance at all, I say you are rolling the dice and if you are unfortunate enough to have to defend yourself or your loved ones after all is said and done you may be living in a cardboard box somewhere.
Lastly, these plans are not available in some states. Those states (NY for example) are anti-gun states and have specifically targeted them usually under the guise of they are not a state approved insurance company and therefor cannot sell their product to those states residences.

CCW Safe Defender Plan
With 100% upfront costs coverage provided pursuant to the contracted plan, there are no out-of-pocket expenses for our members. CCW Safe Plans are not reimbursement packages, and no repayment to our company by the member is owed, despite how any legal action is settled
Takes place in the “Policy Territory;”-
  1. Any self-defense shooting occurring in any location that honors your concealed carry permit, with a legally licensed firearms according to the terms of your concealed carry permit.
  2. Civil Defense & Liability, Supplementary Payments: is an add on

This is why I chose CCW Safe.
Just a minute........"with a legally licensed firearms according to the terms of your concealed carry permit".

What does that mean? Legally licensed??

In the absence of other definition, it would be a firearm you are legally allowed to possess.
If you stole a pistol and then shot someone in self defense, that would not be legally licensed.
-I'm not an attorney disclaimer goes here- But you have to be acting in a legal or reasonable manor consistent with the laws where the incident occurred.

WA state gets no access to prepaid legal for this. Crazy. We do have a law that if you are found innocent of murder using the self-defense argument, then your legal fees are reimbursed, but that is not much help when it is happening, I am sure.

WA state gets no access to prepaid legal for this. Crazy. We do have a law that if you are found innocent of murder using the self-defense argument, then your legal fees are reimbursed, but that is not much help when it is happening, I am sure.
Ouch!!!!

dana-loesch6.jpg

Dana Loesch uses Carry Guard.....just sayin...

I have US LawShield because they provide higher limits or no limits on actual legal fees/coverage. It’s also modular and I can add coverage if/when I need it.

I don’t need substitute income or liability insurance the way USCCA does it, and training is vital, but I have other sources and places where I get training.

As I said previously, none of them are a one size fits all, they all have different features, prices, and options. You have to look them over and decide which one fits "YOU". An option that may be very important to one person and sways them to one specific company may not be an option that you want or need. I even saw an article online where the guy that did the review actually subscribes to 2 different ones to get all the options he wanted.

After much research and careful consideration, I chose US Law Shield because it checked all the boxes that mattered for me. Compare all of them and choose the one that best fits your needs for coverage. Of the 3 attorneys that would represent me in my area, all have stellar results in 2A cases, which is their primary practice. When the city where I live tried to enact 3 anti 2A laws, they took the case to court on their own via US Law Shield and the laws were struck down.

Last edited:
"Quite frankly, I was put off by the huge flood of ads I was receiving from USCCA. I wondered if PR, rather than insurance, was their area of expertise. That was one of the reasons I didn't go with them."
- Definitely. Same here, worse than the proverbial used car salesman pitch.
That was a factor for me. So many emails and offers of free gifts from USCCA got annoying.

US Law Shield simply offered me a discount for being a member at the local gun club, but other than that I don’t ever hear from them unless I call or email them.

I'm interested in researching their plans, however I don't understand why they need my email address to start with. Just kidding, I know why they want my email.........no thank you.

I'm interested in researching their plans, however I don't understand why they need my email address to start with. Just kidding, I know why they want my email.........no thank you.
Of all the places that have one of my email addresses, PSA is the one that bothers me the least and benefits me the most.

Back