testtest

Whiners

It's not just about whining about whiners. The degradation of the Army has serious national security ramifications which are spelled out here: https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/1...by-a-tiktok-mutiny-of-gen-z-soldiers-n2167675

To put it simply, the uniformed leadership kowtows to the desires of the civilian do-gooders in the pentagon. As the article says, one doesn't get promoted by getting these malcontents into line and doing tough, realistic training. It seems the institution is run by lawyers for the poor oppressed troops. The added benefit for the leadership is their success in promoting DEI covers for their incompetence in important military matters (see Lloyd Austin).

Were their complainers before? Yes, in fact we were told it's tradition to bi***, just have a solution to solve the problem. Today, they have the means to broadcast their gripe sessions to the world and shows just how un-serious we are about warfighting. Side note: Back at the start of OIF, commanders who allowed troops to bring cell phones to theater or for that matter even training in the field should have been relieved. Nothing like geotagging and telling the enemy the state of your unit's morale to get us on the losing side of the campaign.
Um.

They’re SUPPOSED to “kowtow” to Congress; they are in charge of the military, not the other way around.

Um.

They’re SUPPOSED to “kowtow” to Congress; they are in charge of the military, not the other way around.
Congress controls the military primarily through the budget. I specifically mentioned the pentagon which establishes policy which trickles down into a system of rewards - or not - for implementing said policy. This is particularly true for the flag ranks. When policy entails DEI as a priority that undermines mission and training standards (I assume those are still around somewhere) we end up with what we have now - a mess.

it was decades ago, when the D.I.'s were told to back off, and be kinder, gentler on the raw recruits.

i miss the old days of slapping a recruit, into submission, to smarten him up. (Full metal jacket style)

i agree that there should be a mandatory 2 years military service for everyone that turns 18, whether they graduate HS or not.

Israel does this, yeah i know, they are constantly under threats from nearly everyone, and they NEED to shore up thier military.

i say, take them in, whip them into shape in like 4 weeks time, ship'em off to a war zone.

that'll fix'em, if they ain't running away, they will be shooting at the enemy.

if they survive?

give'em a medal

if they die?

bury them.

it works decades and centuries ago, let's give it another try.

it was decades ago, when the D.I.'s were told to back off, and be kinder, gentler on the raw recruits.
That must of been long after my time as I didn't see any of that. I remember seeing a recruit get butt stroked with an M-16 and a couple of other D.Is remarked that "At least it wasn't an M-14, maybe he got the message?" Extreme profanity directed at you in a loud voice from the distance of the brim of a Smokey the Bear hat. PT was done in fatigues and combat boots. The Army brought back the old dress uniform, how about the doctrine and training it took to fill those uniforms?

That must of been long after my time as I didn't see any of that. I remember seeing a recruit get butt stroked with an M-16 and a couple of other D.Is remarked that "At least it wasn't an M-14, maybe he got the message?" Extreme profanity directed at you in a loud voice from the distance of the brim of a Smokey the Bear hat. PT was done in fatigues and combat boots. The Army brought back the old dress uniform, how about the doctrine and training it took to fill those uniforms?
Went through basic training in 64 at Fort Polk, LA. Back then training was focused on winning wars, definitely not all the BS we see today.

Back