testtest

who buys from Missouri Bullet Co.??

Old_Me

Ronin
Jesus.....H....Christ....

I put in a bulk order for bullets, back in August, here it is nearly 1 month later (getting very close to the day) , and still no bullets?

Sent them an email a bit earlier.

anyone else had to wait a long time..??

any very good recommendations on a quicker turn around time company..??

thanks in advance.

Another company to check, many bullseye shooters use these-
(We are informing customers we moved our facilities to Hearne, TX! We no longer are stationed in College Station and are still working out the kinks!)

i "see" where each company has back orders.

my way of thinking is, if a company is so backed up with orders then STOP taking in new orders, until you catch up.

post it on the website, "we are not taking any new orders for at least 2 weeks, check back then"

and then, "provide us your email, and we will contact you in the order in which you contacted us".

much like when some sites like MidwayUSA will email me when an item i wanted was on back order.

all seems "simple enough" to do so.

I only order bullets from Midway USA. They typically have what I want in stock and they run sales often with free shipping.
well to be honest, this is what i'll have to do, if i cannot find a bullet supplier that can "deliver in a reasonable amount of time"

my "usual" mom/pop store has stopped making bullets. in fact, he stopped making his reloads.

yet he had ordered up like 40,000 primers.

i can only "assume" he's going full bore come winter, but i cannot say for sure.

if i "have to" buy from Midway, or any other online store, then i know too, the pricing will be higher.

i dunno....STOP TAKING ORDERS...if you can NOT fill them as quickly as they come in.

Bang and Clang, SNS Casting, Bear Creek, Chey-Cast, Badman, Bullets by Scarlett, others. I've been ordering from Bang and Clang lately, since they have good products and are close by in New Mexico. From these, the Scarlett bullets are probably closer to you. I did SNS for a long time because one of theirs was $20 cheaper per 500. After they raised their price on that one, I ordered from others.

Bang and Clang, SNS Casting, Bear Creek, Chey-Cast, Badman, Bullets by Scarlett, others. I've been ordering from Bang and Clang lately, since they have good products and are close by in New Mexico. From these, the Scarlett bullets are probably closer to you. I did SNS for a long time because one of theirs was $20 cheaper per 500. After they raised their price on that one, I ordered from others.
thanks, i saved many...at least Badman Bullets says "0 stock, notify me when in stock"...

THATS the proper way to do things..!!

UPDATE,

Missouri Bullet just sent me this email

"Sorry for the delay, we have had some issues with the caster those run
best on and it has put us behind. We do plan to have these on the caster
later this week. Hope this helps have a nice day!"

I've encountered delays before. The key is ordering before you run out, whatever you determined what your minimum stash should be.
yes, this is what i did....

i do not usually reload 9mm as much as 45 ACP..

so i had like 100 9mm left, (after i reloaded like 1,000) so i put in the order back in august..

i am well stocked with new 9mm, and lots of reloaded.

in fact, i am well stocked with EVERY caliber.

so i went and ordered up to keep in stock. (i like on average 2,000 to 3,000 bullets on hand)

that way, as you say, it's already here and ready anytime i need it.

primers too, plenty in stock, as well as prepped used brass, and new brass.

Yep I've used these for years for 9mm, absolutely no complaints.

yeah, i am making a slow..very slow transition to coated or copper coated over all lead bullets.

it's 2 things...a pricing issue, and availability.

i am also "looking" at my reduction in handling lead, to keep my blood lead level down.

I heard from a cowboy action shooter this past week that Chey cast bullets had closed down (Announcements). Bought out by Choice Ammunition...

I've been buying from American Reloading as they seem to have both new & pulled bullets in stock in the calibers that I use.

I heard from a cowboy action shooter this past week that Chey cast bullets had closed down (Announcements). Bought out by Choice Ammunition...

I've been buying from American Reloading as they seem to have both new & pulled bullets in stock in the calibers that I use.
thanks, i checked them out, and saved the site

UPDATE:

FINALLY, i get the email telling me that my 2,000 Lead, RN bullets From Missouri Bullets have been shipped.

hopefully by Saturday, i will have them, and can get to reloading several hundred of them.

at least someone there contacted me about the reason why the delay, but in all frankness, i wished someone would have emailed me long before I HAD TO, and let me know they are having issues with their machinery.

i know, you know, we ALL know 5hit happens, but for Christ sakes, "communicate" with the customers at all times.

don't make the CUSTOMER get all upset and irritated by YOUR lack of customer service.....!!!!

i still have quite a few "other" bullet makers many of you have mentioned, and to be honest, i AM going to have to give some of them a chance..... to prove themselves to me as "communicator" if all hell goes to 5hit......

i don't feel that i am wrong in being demanding of "communications" between vendor and customer....

when i ran a garage and even as a trucker, MANY times i had to communicate with MY customers on repair delays, or of trucking delivery/pick up delays........it's called.....customer service

it's what sets apart the professionals from the uncaring.

Back