testtest

Who remembers the Winchester 630P Ball Powder ?

What powder do you recommend for 155gr hollow XTP points? I still in the process of setting up my reloading station and I have everything except powder.
From the Hornady book I think Blue Dot at max for me. My Glocks love it hot! It has been a performing powder choice. The upper 1/3 on the charge data will start too compress. The bottom 2/3 on data should be lite for a 1911 style with a steel frame, but don't know enough about 1911s.

From the Hornady book I think Blue Dot at max for me. My Glocks love it hot! It has been a performing powder choice. The upper 1/3 on the charge data will start too compress. The bottom 2/3 on data should be lite for a 1911 style with a steel frame, but don't know enough about 1911s.
I'll be using it mostly for my XDM woods carry. No real big threats up here besides Black Bear and moose.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll be using it mostly for my XDM woods carry. No real big threats up here besides Black Bear and moose.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I didn't start reloading until '84 and that was only 4 powders. IMR4831, 4320, 4350 and ww296.
I started reloading in the late '60s! Winchester 630 P was the bomb for pistols & revolvers Unique and the Red dot Green Blue dot POWDERS were very dirty POWDERS.

Winchester Super Target Powder
Winchester WST is a ball powder and THE choice to duplicate 12-gauge AA factory loads and standard velocity handgun loads.
It is ideal for use in 45 Auto match applications. Consistent, clean, low flash and smoke are benefits to the shooter.
Available in 1 lb., 4 lb. and 8 lb. containers. Load Data .45ACP for 200-grain LEAD SWC 4.4 GRAINS 830 FPS TO 5.2 GRAINS 910 FPS, 200 Grain Speer JHP 4.6 GRAINS 789 FPS, 5.1 GRAINS 898 FPS.

AutoComp
Winchester AUTO COMP is a ball powder designed for competition race guns.
A perfect burn speed to feed the compensators with a higher volume of gas, it is a great choice for 38 Super, 9mm, 45 ACP and 40 S&W. With AUTO COMP, competitors get off faster shots with minimal muzzle flash.
Available in 1 lb. and 8 lb. containers.
9MM Load Data 115 grain Speer Gold Dot Hollow Point 5.1 grains 1,078 FPS - 5.6 grains 1161 fps.

Winchester 760
Winchester 760 is ball powder designed to duplicate the 30-06 Springfield factory load ballistics.
With ideal flow characteristics that give 760 an advantage over other propellants with similar burn rates, it is recommended for 22-250 Remington, 300 Winchester Magnum, and 300 WSM.
Load Data for .223 Remington 82 Grain Burger Boattail Target 23.2 grains 2,487 FPS - 25 grains 2,667 FPS.

Back