testtest

Who said there's a ammo shortage ?

14,000 rounds gone in 3 hours, one buyer

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1647539909138.jpg
    FB_IMG_1647539909138.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 189
The current ammo situation is just plain weird in my area. Almost any gun shop, even the big chain stores, can hook you up with 1,000 rounds of 5.56 or 9mm at slightly less than insane prices. Bulk packs of .22 LR are plentiful and are even starting to approach pre-pandemic prices. Unfortunately, trying to find a single 50 round box of .38 Special target rounds is a completely different story.

Ammo and gasoline price economics are similar....when something disrupts supply or increases demand, consumer prices "rocket" up, but when the supply/demand curves go back in equilibrium, consumer prices fall like a "feather". Have to say, my confidence is low that we will ever see previous ammo prices again.

There is still a shortage in my area, except for Midwest 9mm.
Brand names center fire seemed to go the way of the dinosaur.
Plenty of shotgun shells though.
Like a lot of commodities, it's all hit or miss depending on the product and where you live. For weeks, I was wanting to make biscuits with sausage gravy for my family for breakfast and for the life of me could not find those Jimmy Dean sausage chubs in any of the local stores. Then 2 weeks ago, some other brand of the same type of sausage showed up and I was able to make it. Went to Bass Pro a few days ago looking for a Columbia rain coat, and had to browse the shooting department (of course!)....a LOT of brand name 9mm and other calibers, but hardly any 380 and no .357. No 5.56 NATO, but a lot of .223. Some .308. Plenty of shotgun shells. So again, it's hit or miss right now.

At this point i can walk into our rgs or lgs and find about anything I need for ammo with the gun supply pretty solid also. Not always the specific brand, but quality choices. Ammo prices may not be pre pandemic across the board, but they have also come down pretty significantly from pandemic pricing for the more common calibers. Guns are definitely seeing price drops.

Take a drive out here to Utah. We have an LGS that has pallets of ammo available in brand names. Almost the entire store is stacks of ammo. 😁👍
I haven't been to my LGS for a while, need to swing by and what's lurking on the shelves. I'll reply back with the Arizona report. If we're loaded (no pun intended) then y'all have an excuse to storm down here while the weather is still nice. ;)

At this point i can walk into our rgs or lgs and find about anything I need for ammo with the gun supply pretty solid also. Not always the specific brand, but quality choices. Ammo prices may not be pre pandemic across the board, but they have also come down pretty significantly from pandemic pricing for the more common calibers. Guns are definitely seeing price drops.
Be thankful DI! What you describe for ammo availability at the retail level does not exist in SE WI. Unless you only "need" 9mm, .223, 5.56 Nato, .308 or .22LR...there is tons of that, but little else below prices that will take several years for people to accept...

Back