testtest

Who’s Buying a Smart Gun

They have been screwing around with smartgun designs since at least the 60's. NIJ put a bunch of money into researching a design as a means of preventing officers being shot with their own gun. The first design I saw involved a ring worn by the officer somehow unlocking the firing mechanism. They could not make it reliable enough for cops to go for it. Level III holsters seemed to minimize the problem. I don't think LEO's would accept it.

The First Smart Gun Is Finally Coming to Market. Will Anyone Buy It?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fi...uy-it-67314e0?reflink=integratedwebview_share

Considering that I owned a Tesla before they were fashionable coupled with being an early adopter of all things tech, I will be in line to test one given the chance.

If this technology can prevent the accidental death of a child, or lessen the chance that should the gun wind up in the wrong hands, it is rendered useless, I’m for it.
IMO
For those who think a "Smart Phone" will make them smarter, are candidates to have a smart gun❗

How about LEO wear a device the smart gun recognizes and when the perp tries the smart gun to shoot police it shocks the holy hell out of them like a tazer
That would be a smart gun
That would be Judge Dredd's Lawgiver pistol. Any attempt to fire by an unauthorized user activates Self Destruct. Usually resulting in serious injury or death. 😁
Now one them, I would buy. ;)

The latest of renditions were designed and being promoted due to the bemoaning of the left. If this hare brained idea takes hold will the next plan be everything else becomes outlawed?

Marketing it as a safety feature is just palaver. I don’t think biometrics for weapons is any better than biometric safe boxes and locks. What’s wrong with the old lock and key? What’s wrong with higher level lll retention holster?
Yeah, maybe easy to operate - if conditions are right. Ever try to dial a cellphone with wet finger…even more difficult with a screen protector on it, not likely doable with gloves too.

Stuff gets lost, gets stolen, gets hacked or overridden. This idea might be safe from the wrong hands but even in the right hands it can present its own gremlins.

Stupid idea/Smart whatever….it’s electronics, diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors and a battery - they all fail without warning. Just yesterday my cordless smart-charge Dremel tool just abruptly petered out. Used it one minute, completely dead the next. Pulled it apart, tested what I could and found Battery and motor ok, but something in the circuitry went bad, no simple on/off switch too much and too tiny parts to figure where the problem is. Two year warranty expired last year.

But..if any LE Agency goes along with this contraption it will be CA,NY, IL. They put limits on handgun and ammo choices, big city agencies are on the brink of collapse all due to continuing every convoluted which way to “re-imagine” 21st century policing.

We'll never allow them outlaw them to outlaw hi cap magazines, but some of you did.

We'll never allow them to prevent us from shipping guns to one another, but they did.

We'll never allow them to outlaw face to face sales, but some of you did.

We'll never allow them to ban assault weapons (whatever they are), but some of you did.

We'll never allow them to restrict our 2nd amendment rights, but they have.

We'll never allow them to make us use smart guns, but some of you will.

They took a Hi Point and added biometrics that wont work …

Uhhh.. no thanks
Since it looks like a Hi Point it's probably as heavy as one. If one decides to buy one then I suggest this you run out and purchase this accessory. It will build you up so you'll be ready for the real thing:

1691025917796.png

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fi...uy-it-67314e0?reflink=integratedwebview_share

Considering that I owned a Tesla before they were fashionable coupled with being an early adopter of all things tech, I will be in line to test one given the chance.

If this technology can prevent the accidental death of a child, or lessen the chance that should the gun wind up in the wrong hands, it is rendered useless, I’m for it.

Looks like it's only you. Gonna be a rough launch for that product it seems. I'm sure anyone with a pulse already knew that though. You do you, boo boo.

No

No

NOPE.
Maybe just me, but I am sick and tired of "it's for the children". Thats just another way of saying feel guilty and shut up and do what your told. Then take the childhood away from children by turning them into sex toys for perverts, frightening the bageebus out of them with global warming, over population, covid, flu, a sniffle, and every other the sky is falling, give us your $ and we will "fix" it, scam.

Having a Smart Gun won't really teach your children about gun safety. Proper instruction not technology is the key. Kids must learn early that guns aren't toys, that they are lethal, and what a bullet is capable of doing to the human body. Kids must be taught to respect the power of a firearm, learn its harmful effects, and most importantly learn the obligation to public safety to which all gun owners have an obligation. Why? It's because parents can't count on their children only coming in contact with only other Smart Guns. Daily it's apparent that too many adults know little about proper firearm safety and show little respect to those of us that do. If one is concerned about the dangers to self and family associated with gun ownership invest in a good gun safe because not long after Smart Guns have hit the market some smart MIT grad will figure out how to "unsmart" it and you'll be back to square one. Even with technology common sense must still be applied. I'm all for more Smart People! :)

Smart guns? No use for them.

If Hillary had got in back in '16, her plan was to stack the SCOTUS in her favor, then she would have bankrupted the gun companies with class action suits. The gun companies would have been allowed to stay in biz only if they made smart guns that can be remotely licensed and turned off and on like a cell phone.

That is how she would get around the 2A. Traditional guns will be outlawed, only smart guns will be legal. Once the dems had the vote, then they would move to abolish the 2A. Smart guns are only pushed by dems and gun haters.

And as a backup plan, the dems would expand SCOTUS. Then they will translate the 2A to mean...you are only allowed muzzle loaders. Always remember, the 2A is not a right...it is an opinion.

slimball 592.gif

Having a Smart Gun won't really teach your children about gun safety. Proper instruction not technology is the key. Kids must learn early that guns aren't toys, that they are lethal, and what a bullet is capable of doing to the human body. Kids must be taught to respect the power of a firearm, learn its harmful effects, and most importantly learn the obligation to public safety to which all gun owners have an obligation. Why? It's because parents can't count on their children only coming in contact with only other Smart Guns. Daily it's apparent that too many adults know little about proper firearm safety and show little respect to those of us that do. If one is concerned about the dangers to self and family associated with gun ownership invest in a good gun safe because not long after Smart Guns have hit the market some smart MIT grad will figure out how to "unsmart" it and you'll be back to square one. Even with technology common sense must still be applied. I'm all for more Smart People! :)
I agree, as a parent and grandparent, I have taught my children about guns. And yes, just like there are those who fail to teach their children about the responsibility of operating a vehicle, there will be those children who may not be taught proper gun safety and if a smart gun can help, IMO, it’s worth exploring.

Back