testtest

Who's got wood?

Tactical-Reviews

Master Class
Founding Member
Anyone here make your own stocks? I started this a couple of months ago and finally nearing the end. Started out as a stock blank. Had to shape it, mill out the fire control well, inlay the trigger guard, and bed the barrel. First coat of oil has been applied. Over the next few days I will be rubbing in more oil using wet sandpaper starting with 400, going to 800 and finishing with 2500. Final step will be to buff it. I'm putting a .50 muzzle loader on this that I had picked up at a garage sale a few years ago.
wood stock.jpg

Anyone here make your own stocks? I started this a couple of months ago and finally nearing the end. Started out as a stock blank. Had to shape it, mill out the fire control well, inlay the trigger guard, and bed the barrel. First coat of oil has been applied. Over the next few days I will be rubbing in more oil using wet sandpaper starting with 400, going to 800 and finishing with 2500. Final step will be to buff it. I'm putting a .50 muzzle loader on this that I had picked up at a garage sale a few years ago.
View attachment 6664
From a guy that spent 20 years making bolt action gun stocks, β€œNice Job”
I would love to see your action cuts.

Back