testtest

WhT about us lefties?

I was all ready to pull the trigger(no pun intended) on the Springfield Armory 1911 Emissary 4.25” 9mm until I read it is only for right handers….. again…… how much more does it cost to at least make it ambidextrous? Alas……The search continues…..anyone know of another make that has that stainless and black look to it in a comparable 1911????

I was all ready to pull the trigger(no pun intended) on the Springfield Armory 1911 Emissary 4.25” 9mm until I read it is only for right handers….. again…… how much more does it cost to at least make it ambidextrous? Alas……The search continues…..anyone know of another make that has that stainless and black look to it in a comparable 1911????
Kimber. Colt. S&W. Sig. RIA. Look them over. see which ones gave ambis…

Or, step up to a Dan Wesson. More expensive, but higher quality, too.

But…adding ambi safety is a non-issue. If you don’t want to DIY (it does involve some fitting), it’s a $50-100 job from a competent smith.

I really like the look of this Emissary….. I may look for a good smith and see what they would charge me. I am new to 1911 pistols but have always wanted one. Got a Hellcat when they first came out and I love it but it’s a totally different animal from a 1911 I’m sure.
@Keystone19250 got an Emissary earlier this year and he's been more than pleased with it according to a few posts he has mentioned it in.

Give Springfield customer service a call. They - or Spgfld Custom Shop - may be able to fix you up.
I doubt you’re the only one who has asked :).

it's sorta like that Randy Newman song, "short people have no reason to live"....

meaning, for you lefties....go right..?? it is after all the best way....... :LOL:

seriously, a gunsmith can fit an ambi for you.

and i have the 5" Emissary (45 ACP), you're gonna love it

as for a "look like in black/stainless", the Ronin is sweet too, so is the Kimber Custom II. (both of which i have)

you should still buy that Emissary while the store still has it, worry about the ambi after.....

nearly all 1911's can have parts fitted to them, it's just a matter of who does the work, and i'd recommend a gunsmith for most of the work.

Thanks everyone….. I had just decided I wanted that pistol and of course no one around here has it. Wow….. now what
do what i have done, put your name at the LGS's list of "waiting buyer"

when the gun i want comes in, i get an email, and the serial number, then go pick it up.

i have been waiting for a 45 ACP Garrison, since like July.

owner of the store says S/A was concentrating on getting out the Prodigy.

don't know how true that is, but seems plausible.

do what i have done, put your name at the LGS's list of "waiting buyer"

when the gun i want comes in, i get an email, and the serial number, then go pick it up.

i have been waiting for a 45 ACP Garrison, since like July.

owner of the store says S/A was concentrating on getting out the Prodigy.

don't know how true that is, but seems plausible.
49 Garrisons on Gunbroker.

Back