testtest

Why are Revolver Prices Rising?

wmg1299

Professional
I was shopping for a Charter Arms Bulldog because I have been able to consistently find .44 SPL ammo, and it can share ammo with my .44 Mag Marlin 1894. It took a few weeks to even find one in-stock, and I would up paying about $50 more than I would've preferred after taxes/shipping/transfer. I'm still getting alerts from sites where I put the Bulldog on my wishlist, and the prices are now consistently in the $500-$650 range once you include taxes and shipping.

I'm used to modern sporting rifles and semi-auto handguns with magazine capacities over 10 rounds shooting up in price whenever politicians start talking about a ban. I'm also used to to "high" (i.e. standard) capacity mags disappearing from shelves and doubling in price. However, I'm surprised to see 5 and 6 shot revolver prices going up so fast. I'm not aware of anyone pushing to ban revolvers, and ammo for most of the popular revolver calibers are impossible to find on store shelves in my area. Is there a legitimate business reason for revolver prices to go up (ex. increased production cost, material shortage, etc.), or do revolvers just go along for the ride when the gun & ammo markets go nuts?

i started buying revolvers about a month ago, best thing i could have ever done. fun to shoot, easy to clean.

i am in fact, awaiting my background check to come thru, so i can pick up my newest purchase, a Ruger GP 100 2.5" barrel.

that'll go with my Taurus 856 UL 2" barrel, S&W 686 + 6" barrel, Colt Python 6" barrel, and the all first purchase, Korth Mongoose Silver 6" barrel...

I believe the resurgence in revolver popularity has to do with:
a. The relative ease with which the novice can learn the manual of arms...safely.
b. Everybody already sold all the semi-autos that the firearms magazines so love to hype.

I have a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug (stainless with bobbed hammer) in 44 Special. It has never failed to go "BANG!"
I just can't hit with it. Maybe I should try some lighter projectiles?
A Ruger Super Blackhawk, a Colt's King Cobra, a Ruger Wrangler also reside in our box.
If I ever get my mitts on a new Anaconda, I have a spot reserved for it!
The semis are easier to carry daily but those wheel guns are just so cool to shoot!

I was shopping for a Charter Arms Bulldog because I have been able to consistently find .44 SPL ammo, and it can share ammo with my .44 Mag Marlin 1894. It took a few weeks to even find one in-stock, and I would up paying about $50 more than I would've preferred after taxes/shipping/transfer. I'm still getting alerts from sites where I put the Bulldog on my wishlist, and the prices are now consistently in the $500-$650 range once you include taxes and shipping.

I'm used to modern sporting rifles and semi-auto handguns with magazine capacities over 10 rounds shooting up in price whenever politicians start talking about a ban. I'm also used to to "high" (i.e. standard) capacity mags disappearing from shelves and doubling in price. However, I'm surprised to see 5 and 6 shot revolver prices going up so fast. I'm not aware of anyone pushing to ban revolvers, and ammo for most of the popular revolver calibers are impossible to find on store shelves in my area. Is there a legitimate business reason for revolver prices to go up (ex. increased production cost, material shortage, etc.), or do revolvers just go along for the ride when the gun & ammo markets go nuts?
Revolvers high prices? Simple clues and just some of it?
Many semi auto's are missing from shelves and some people "Discover" revolvers as if they were never there before?
That and contributing to a sometimes self inflicted affection for things that go "bang" combined with corona virus and relief funds, the "we" have it and they want it money mentality? Not much different than Christmas shopping season and around time people receive income tax refunds? My "splurging" is done for now unless seeing something really, really worthwhile. And, am not really seeing much worthwhile for now. Always have a "pilot light on" for what wanted, but?

Revolvers most likely require more hands on work to manufacture them as opposed to plastic fantastics which are mainly done with mass production on automated machines.

The finish on most revolver's is typically a lot nicer then on polymer firearms which typically requires more hands on work also.

Polymer in semi autos is much cheaper than the metals used in most revolvers full metal frame also adding to the increased cost.

Supply and demand.

ANY gun is in demand right now.

Prices are going up...because they can. Have you priced plywood lately? Food? Fuel?

Welcome to the "new normal"....

Back