testtest

Why are revolvers still used?

Everyone was afraid to go swim in the ocean and everyone wanted a .357 or .44.

the good ole days ...

1600137167276.jpeg

I own far more semi-auto's than revolvers, but they definitely have their place. This article is a fun read, but it ignores several important factors. New guns are out of many people's price range, and dad's old 38 Special still meets all of their needs. I would also think that revolvers would appeal to many people who live in states where legislators insist on randomly limiting magazine capacity every chance they get. They are also just plain fun to shoot.

I got this .22lr Heritage Rough Rider for my 12yo son a few weeks ago for short money and I picked up some new “We The People" engraved walnut grips & .22mag cylinder for it today. He loves classic guns such as revolvers and lever actions.
View attachment 10181

I considered buying the one with the really long barrel. It's ridiculous. 16" or something like that.

That's an awesome looking pistol. Good job dad. :)

Simplicity of operation, wide range of caliber choice, ease of reloading rimmed cases vs. auto cartridges, much shorter learning curve to train on manual of arms. May be had to match carbines in .45 colt, .45 ACP,.44 magnum, .44-40, .357 Magnum, .38 special, 30 carbine, .22 LR plus a few less popular ones. You get a real 4 inches of barrel and not 4 inches as measured from the back of the case as in autos. And most of all that single action trigger pull when cocked.

My 14 year-old is one of the few kids his age who prefers revolvers to semi-autos. He plays all of the popular online shooters with his friends, and loves the AR and AK platforms for long guns. However, he's never been too impressed by polymer pistols. Academically, he is an engineering a nerd, and he appreciates revolvers from a mechanical standpoint. I have to agree with him that it is cool to be able to observe so many of the firearm's components in action when firing a revolver with an exposed hammer, as compared to the fully encased components of semi-autos.

My 14 year-old is one of the few kids his age who prefers revolvers to semi-autos. He plays all of the popular online shooters with his friends, and loves the AR and AK platforms for long guns. However, he's never been too impressed by polymer pistols. Academically, he is an engineering a nerd, and he appreciates revolvers from a mechanical standpoint. I have to agree with him that it is cool to be able to observe so many of the firearm's components in action when firing a revolver with an exposed hammer, as compared to the fully encased components of semi-autos.
To me it’s about the right tool for the job. A well made revolver is a beautiful thing and I carry them exclusively in the woods. Even as far as semi automatic pistols I prefer steel with exposed hammers. But on a day to day basis working in a violent, urban atmosphere which prompts me to outfit myself with body armor the right tool for the job is one of the polymer semi autos.

Back