testtest

Why Change Basic 1911

DTL

Alpha
What advantage does the new Ronin EMP 4" have over the original Ronin 4.25"? Why the odd field strip method with that small spacer being needed? I have the .45 4.25 and was looking to match a 9mm as well. Thanks for any info.

What advantage does the new Ronin EMP 4" have over the original Ronin 4.25"? Why the odd field strip method with that small spacer being needed? I have the .45 4.25 and was looking to match a 9mm as well. Thanks for any info.
The EMP is, technically, not a 1911; none of its components are the same size as your Ronin.

Thanks, but I just don't see the advantage of the newer design is all. Why consider it over a standard Ronin in 9mm?

Thanks, but I just don't see the advantage of the newer design is all. Why consider it over a standard Ronin in 9mm?
It's considerably smaller; the EMP is designed to be a compact carry pistol.

Last edited:
i haven't seen the video on a field strip of the new EMP 4".

but my "best guess" as to why the company is changing the basic look or size of some of thier 1911's, is that many people like to carry them for protection, and need a smaller 1911, that maybe still shoots .45 ACP, or 9mm...???

for me, i too like the basic full sized 1911's, and from there, color choices or G'ment model or classic style or the occasional tactical style.

sorta like, "why are there 27 different styled Ford F-150's, when ONE basic model will do...??

it's customer driven...we want...they provide......we pay for what we want.......

Last edited:
The Emp is designed around the 9mm where the 1911 was designed around the 45 acp. This makes the EMP considerably smaller all-around including grip circumfrance. This makes for a smaller pistol for certain people who feel the 1911 is too large for thier hand, or who pove the 1911 but want sonething smaller to conceal.

This is not, my opinion, so much of a change to the Ronin, as it is an addition to the EMP family. A cheaper EMP option.

Alright then, I see how being slimmer because of the cartridge size would matter, as where the Ronin 4.25" has the dimensions of a .45 overall. A clear difference once pointed out, I missed that line of thought. Thanks

Back