testtest

Why It’s OK To Carry a Mouse Gun

No, they’re not ideal, but…

Why It’s OK To Carry a Mouse Gun
Never doubt small caliber pocket guns!
stopping-power-stats.jpg

This is a complicated subject in part because barrel length also needs to be considered as well as distance from the target. Paul Harrell did a very good You Tube comparing .22LR to .25 ACP using Beretta tip ups. The results were almost identical. Given the centerfire is more reliable that the rimfire, the choice in those guns has to go to the .25ACP, but, in a longer barrel, the .22LR would have superior stopping power.

Given that these guns are designed to be "get off of me guns" and that the end of the barrel is intended to be pushing into the flesh when fired, both the .22LR, or even a .22short, and the .25ACP should be one shot stoppers when planted in the brain pod.

I have carried as backups, both a NAA .22LR and a Seecamp .25ACP at the same time. They are small and very easy to hide, even in a bathing suit. During most of that time a .45ACP was the primary gun. The smaller calibers do have a place.

If numbers were available, I would love to see stopping power results between an XDs in .45 ACP and a Hellcat (9mm) or similar short barrel guns. I'm sure I'm just dreaming however. Real shooting results are hard to come by.

I use a Ruger LCP II as my backup gun. When I am exercising outdoors, or if I am in a workplace situation where an untucked shirt would not be appropriate, the LCP II is carried in my pocket as my only firearm. I feel comfortably armed with 7-shots of .380 ACP, and it sure beats the alternative of having no gun at all.

Well after having 20+ years as a Police Officer I found that any gun can kill you or incapacitate you. I have always thought it wasn't how big it was, but how accurate your round was. I carried a 1911 .45acp mostly, (except for when departments wouldn't allow it). Alright, I wanted a round to stop the bad guy. When I was forced to carry something else I carried either a 9mm or 380. I have seen people who were shot badly but still kept coming. Try to carry what you feel you can shoot well and can conceal. The way America is going, be armed. Hey, You be responsible and safe.

Well after having 20+ years as a Police Officer I found that any gun can kill you or incapacitate you. I have always thought it wasn't how big it was, but how accurate your round was. I carried a 1911 .45acp mostly, (except for when departments wouldn't allow it). Alright, I wanted a round to stop the bad guy. When I was forced to carry something else I carried either a 9mm or 380. I have seen people who were shot badly but still kept coming. Try to carry what you feel you can shoot well and can conceal. The way America is going, be armed. Hey, You be responsible and safe.
40SW everyday.

This is a complicated subject in part because barrel length also needs to be considered as well as distance from the target. Paul Harrell did a very good You Tube comparing .22LR to .25 ACP using Beretta tip ups. The results were almost identical. Given the centerfire is more reliable that the rimfire, the choice in those guns has to go to the .25ACP, but, in a longer barrel, the .22LR would have superior stopping power.

Given that these guns are designed to be "get off of me guns" and that the end of the barrel is intended to be pushing into the flesh when fired, both the .22LR, or even a .22short, and the .25ACP should be one shot stoppers when planted in the brain pod.

I have carried as backups, both a NAA .22LR and a Seecamp .25ACP at the same time. They are small and very easy to hide, even in a bathing suit. During most of that time a .45ACP was the primary gun. The smaller calibers do have a place.

If numbers were available, I would love to see stopping power results between an XDs in .45 ACP and a Hellcat (9mm) or similar short barrel guns. I'm sure I'm just dreaming however. Real shooting results are hard to come by.
Great video, I think hes one of the most under rated reviewers.

Not a joke thread.

We already know that based on the author. :)
You should make that your sig line.

I believe that chart is somewhat misleading. It gives data for incapacitation after one head/torso shot. Based on that stat it shows the .45 being much less effective than the .22 LR. Then you look at the percent of people incapacitated and you begin to see a clearer picture. In the real world the " One shot" stat is probably nearly useless since other than ambush type murders or professional assassinations very few people are going to just shoot once.

All these comparisons are predicated largely on the proliferation of specific calibers based on what people are actually carrying right? This is why .357 used to be referred to as the king of one shot stops. Most likely that honor belongs to 9mm these days because that's what the majority of people are carrying every day. In reality we all already know that shot placement is the number one factor in stopping a threat. Every chart, study, article, etc. that tries to establish 9mm or some other smaller caliber as more effective or equally effective as larger calibers like .45, .44. .357, 10mm, etc. are using apples to oranges comparisons.

Is it ok to carry a mouse gun? Sure. Make sure you know what you are doing with it and are capable of shooting it accurately. Same as ANY gun.

Back