testtest

Why the AR-15 is My Go-To Rifle for Survival Situations

So I found that to be an incredible article however the one question or statement I have is how and it’s been mentioned many times in many other articles is how when “taken apart” it fits in a backpack.
Now my contention is if your in the middle of a major SHTF scenario then why would you be breaking it down and carrying on your back.
I have a tactical vest just ready in case that day happens. The only thing I don’t have is a sling.
Any suggestions???

I keep and carry a 10.5" ar-15 loaded with 77gr hp's daily, it is my home defense gun and my truck gun. I also carry a cz scorpion 8" barrel that fits in a small back pack if i need more concealment, but my go to is an AR or AR style to defend me and mine.

I also use a couple of Sig MCX 5.56 that use the same controls as an AR/M4, mine being a 16" and an 11.5". My Range and training Ar's are 8" barreled chambered in 9mm that run on Glock mags, I use these for cheaper training cost and my wife and daughter enjoy shooting steel and training with the 9mm's.

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but my Go-To rifle is my Browning BL22. Drop it in the mud and it still works, provides food and security. As much ammo as you can carry, I can carry in a pocket. Add my 1911 and I am as safe as anyone.

I would love to rely on my .22's for GO-TO guns but I have seen way to MANY problems with rimfire to risk mine or my family's life on that unless absolutely necessary. I have been in the process of testing one of the new Glock 44's and have shot over 13,000rds of assorted ammo and saw an excessive amount of ammo related problems depending on the brand.
Just my 2cents.

P.S. I do love my G-44 and my Smith M&P Ar 15 .22, If I did HAVE to use rimfire those would be my choices, but like I said, just too many ammo related inconsistencies.

So I found that to be an incredible article however the one question or statement I have is how and it’s been mentioned many times in many other articles is how when “taken apart” it fits in a backpack.
Now my contention is if your in the middle of a major SHTF scenario then why would you be breaking it down and carrying on your back.
I have a tactical vest just ready in case that day happens. The only thing I don’t have is a sling.
Any suggestions???
Blue Force Gear Vickers. It’s bad ass.

Any suggestions???
Put the barrel in your pocket and the grip in your arm pit?

Back