testtest

Why You Need the EMP Champion Concealed Carry Contour

Nice weapon, great shooter, very accurate, but I’ve had a few problems with mine. Several failures to extract...I’ve run 300+ 9mm rounds through it using a variety of brands...once every 30-40 rounds I get an extraction failure...considering sending it back to Springfield for a checkup!! Hope I’m allowed to say it....

Attachments

• 36C1E176-BA3B-4A5E-B1FC-B5817BB869CE.jpeg
    36C1E176-BA3B-4A5E-B1FC-B5817BB869CE.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 231
The only 9mm 1911 I own is a Citadel (produced by Armscor/Rock Island Armory). My only knock against the gun is that it lacks an external bushing. This means that the "paperclip trick" is necessary to field strip and clean the gun. Do the Springfield 9mm 1911's also require a paperclip or tool to disassemble? I am considering an upgrade to the Citadel, and the EMP's are my first choice, but I would prefer a gun that didn't require this awkward step to clean.

At first I thought the “paper clip” idea was awkward...but I’ve been reloading and using the EMP barrel as my “plunk” test barrel. I find that it’s a bit easier to fieldstrip the EMP...of course in the field having the ”paper clip” might be an issue...

Nice weapon, great shooter, very accurate, but I’ve had a few problems with mine. Several failures to extract...I’ve run 300+ 9mm rounds through it using a variety of brands...once every 30-40 rounds I get an extraction failure...considering sending it back to Springfield for a checkup!! Hope I’m allowed to say it....
You using reloads? Is the FTE caused by the ejector stripping the rim or not contacting the rim?

How critical are you on the OAL of the case after resizing them? Sometimes with a semi-auto this will happen with a too long case or too much crimp.

Just a couple thoughts. (y) (y) (y)

No reloads. All factory ammo.
Also, the reason I use the barrel for testing is that it’s my newest 9mm. It has the tightest barrel. If my reloads plunk correctly there they’ll work fine in my everyday shooters. I’ve been using factory ammo in my EMP for break-in period. But out of the box I started getting extraction failures, one or two every 50rds. I’ve tried different brands of ammo and it will consistently fail to extract one or two per box. Was hoping that 200-300 rds would solve the issue but it’s not happening. I’ve tried plunking lots of factory ammo and they’re fine so it’s probably not the ammo

Also, the reason I use the barrel for testing is that it’s my newest 9mm. It has the tightest barrel. If my reloads plunk correctly there they’ll work fine in my everyday shooters. I’ve been using factory ammo in my EMP for break-in period. But out of the box I started getting extraction failures, one or two every 50rds. I’ve tried different brands of ammo and it will consistently fail to extract one or two per box. Was hoping that 200-300 rds would solve the issue but it’s not happening. I’ve tried plunking lots of factory ammo and they’re fine so it’s probably not the ammo

what are you going to do? Keep trying to break in over another 100 rounds or so, or send in. I have an emp 3 I need to pick up and was wondering if I would get lucky. Seems to be hit or miss with a few trips to SA for those that are not as lucky. Some, runs great from day 1. Hoping a more recent EMP will not have those issues.

I noticed a SA just had a few 1911 s hit the shelves the past few weeks. Must have had a batch run complete as I have seen a few sites with a fair amount of SA 1911 inventory.

The only 9mm 1911 I own is a Citadel (produced by Armscor/Rock Island Armory). My only knock against the gun is that it lacks an external bushing. This means that the "paperclip trick" is necessary to field strip and clean the gun. Do the Springfield 9mm 1911's also require a paperclip or tool to disassemble? I am considering an upgrade to the Citadel, and the EMP's are my first choice, but I would prefer a gun that didn't require this awkward step to clean.
My SA RO Operator is a full size 9mm, take down is like a regular 1911, no paper clip required.

Back