testtest

Wife wants to go to Vermont, via Boston

Onewolf426

Professional
I had decided that this year, we would go to Vermont for the fall colors, as that is something my wife has always wanted to do. She wants to go to Boston for 2 days, then drive to Vermont for 3 days. My concerns are the crime rates in Boston, as well as the fact that Massachusetts is very 2A unfriendly. I was planning on taking my EDC, as Vermont recognizes my Florida CCW, Massachusetts does not. Going into Massachusetts is a problem, as they have very strict laws. Or, am I just paranoid? With everything happening politically, the level of crime and illegals in the major cities, and of course the whole problem with the airlines, it is very concerning. Maybe I am being too paranoid. It pizzes me off to have to think at this level in America today. It pizzes me off that I have to weigh these things with doing something for my wife that she has never had an opportunity to do. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am over thinking this.

Last edited:
In this age there is no over thinking such choices. Find out from State police what thier laws are and follow them exactly. Finding yourself in jail over some mistake would wreck a nice trip, and maybe worse.

Might make you upset but if you go there it's smart to comply.

Well, this is the one concession I am making: flying. Thus the conundrum. Fly into Vermont, no problem. Boston, not so much. Well, could fly in and out of Vermont, drive down to Boston and back up. Or not take EDC at all.

fly directly to New Hampshire, or Vt, or ME, skip the BS flying into Logan Airport, then all the damned traffic, tunnels, drivers that up here, can use the shoulders to pass you, as it is something that is allowed.

leave the carry at home.

look for Air BNB's, in the end, they are cheaper than hotels/motels.

All I can say is that when we went there for my work I took no firearm. Too big of a headache if I remember rightly.

Second Boston had some of the worst, narrowest streets imaginable. And the people in that state are the worst drivers I have seen. To make a right hand turn they like to pull out and block the oncoming lane to wait for the traffic to clear, and they have Intersections where no one has a stop or yield.

Interesting place... GREAT and I mean GREAT seafood and low prices on it. The battle green where it all started and the battle road trail they traveled on are must sees.

All I can say is that when we went there for my work I took no firearm. Too big of a headache if I remember rightly.

Second Boston had some of the worst, narrowest streets imaginable. And the people in that state are the worst drivers I have seen. To make a right hand turn they like to pull out and block the oncoming lane to wait for the traffic to clear, and they have Intersections where no one has a stop or yield.

Interesting place... GREAT and I mean GREAT seafood and low prices on it. The battle green where it all started and the battle road trail they traveled on are must sees.
well, if you know the roads are narrow for a car, how do you think i navigated with a 53' long trailer..???

i'm talking Chinatown, then to Southie, using tunnels, 1 way streets, corners so tight. your underwear would squeak.....

fly man, fly..

make reservations NOW, as those bed and breakfast places, Air BnB's, inn's, fill up fast.

also, air fare can be cheaper BEFORE that time to fly, if you reserve now

I had decided that this year, we would go to Vermont for the fall colors, as that is something my wife has always wanted to do. She wants to go to Boston for 2 days, then drive to Vermont for 3 days. My concerns are the crime rates in Boston, as well as the fact that Massachusetts is very 2A unfriendly. I was planning on taking my EDC, as Vermont recognizes my Florida CCW, Massachusetts does not. Going into Massachusetts is a problem, as they have very strict laws. Or, am I just paranoid? With everything happening politically, the level of crime and illegals in the major cities, and of course the whole problem with the airlines, it is very concerning. Maybe I am being too paranoid. It pizzes me off to have to think at this level in America today. It pizzes me off that I have to weigh these things with doing something for my wife that she has never had an opportunity to do. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am over thinking this.
Boston isn't really dangerous. I grew up 15mins from Boston and I'm very familiar with the area. Random crime is considered low in Boston as opposed to other places like Chicago or NY. I've never felt unsafe going into the city. I would advise against carrying in Boston without an LTC because they really would stick it to you legally if for some reason you got searched and they found a firearm.

make NO attempt to rent, or drive outta there
WHY? They "fixed the Big Dig tunnel so it doesn't flood, didn't they? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I had decided that this year, we would go to Vermont for the fall colors, as that is something my wife has always wanted to do. She wants to go to Boston for 2 days, then drive to Vermont for 3 days.
I would never let the fact that I can't carry a firearm stop me from doing something my wife always wanted to do. If you just must have a defensive capability, follow T.R.'s paraphrased advice. Limp softly and carry a big cane.

WHY? They "fixed the Big Dig tunnel so it doesn't flood, didn't they? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I would never let the fact that I can't carry a firearm stop me from doing something my wife always wanted to do. If you just must have a defensive capability, follow T.R.'s paraphrased advice. Limp softly and carry a big cane.
they got a little guy from Guatemala sticking his finger in the hole in the ceiling......so, that leak is "somewhat" fixed.

i'd not recommend a person not from the area, to drive into, or thru Boston

Sad to say in this day and age you to watch all around you, there are other things you can take and probably use besides your CCW gun, pepper spray, and such, not sure even if this is legal, but maybe a worthwhile look, myself we want to go on a small getaway, but since now I feel like a soft target yet, and possibly having some kind of treatment, we just decided to wait and see what goes, good luck on what you can take/use

Like most people relying on right wing news sources, you'll probably be surprised to learn that blue-state cities are doing quite well and are pretty nice. Boston has lots of people, awful traffic and potholes. Because of that, sometimes country folks get anxiety for a short time. It's a beautiful time to visit. Please report back on your first hand observations.

AFA your firearm, you won't be searched on a traffic stop. So if you have your own car or a rental, you are infinitesimally unlikely to get in trouble. Just lock it in the trunk or your hotel safe. Drop me off in New York, will ya'?

i'd not recommend a person not from the area, to drive into, or thru Boston
AMEN! All one-way streets going in the wrong direction. Many years ago I was trying to get to south station. Stopped a police officer to ask direction. His answer, "See that one-way street? Go up that the wrong way, take a right, there is an open parking spot right there. South Station is just acrost the street." He was 100% spot on.

AMEN! All one-way streets going in the wrong direction. Many years ago I was trying to get to south station. Stopped a police officer to ask direction. His answer, "See that one-way street? Go up that the wrong way, take a right, there is an open parking spot right there. South Station is just acrost the street." He was 100% spot on.
unlike you, i was driving a 53' trailer.

come up on a sudden construction site (Boston is good for pop up, unannounced, construction sites)

i told the cop I NEED to get to my delivery and i cannot turn around.

he told me too, "go on the one way street"...however, with my trailer, no way, no how to make any turns (ths was in Southie)

he said wait, i'll be right back

he got the construction crew to stop, make room for me, and i went on thru

unless one lives up here, like, you, me, and 10mmlife, i do not recommend others to even attempt driving into, or thru the city of Boston.

Back