testtest

Will You Use Your CCW If You Are Attacked?

I think we’d all agree no sane person ever “wants” to shoot, much less Kill, another human being. Lethal force is something only to be used in the last extreme when all other options have been exhausted. That said an individual can conceivably be placed in a situation where no alternative other than being brutalized/killed yourself (or seeing that happen to those you love or others) can happen. In such a case force may be the only viable solution. I’d love for their to be a non lethal option that would instantly incapacitate a goblin or two while doing no permanent harm. Sadly no such viable options exist.
Get some military grade OC pepper spray. Unless somebody is on a hefty dose of PCP, if they get hit in the eyes and nose with that stuff, they will wish that you had shot them.

I also carry military grade OC (pepper) spray.
FB_IMG_1712261022505.jpg

Funny as hell! (Yeah, the civilian grade stuff is 10% OC while the military grade stuff is 15% or more. ) A good "bear spray" approaches "military grade" stuff..........and, maybe even less expensive!
With all due respect you are absolutely incorrect on that.

From the Saber Red website

The strength of pepper spray is determined by measuring the Major Capsaicinoids level, which are a better indicator of heat than oleoresin capsicum percentages as they measure the strength of the entire formula. Oleoresin Capsicum, on the other hand, only measures the amount of raw pepper in the formula. Our pepper sprays range from 1.0% (Dog Spray) Major Capsaicinoids to 1.33% (Human Spray) while our Bear Sprays measure 2.0% Major Capsaicinoids.

There's nothing out there that runs 10% or greater

I have carried concealed (licensed) since 1975. I also carry military grade OC (pepper) spray. I tell all my friends that if ever I am approached by somebody looking to harm me, the first thing I'm gonna do is pepper spray the livin' crap outta them. If they continue to advance to attack me, then I will shoot to stop the attack. A lawyer friend of mine told me that the "your honor, he attacked, I sprayed him down with pepper spray and he still continued the attack, so I had no alternative but to shoot him to stop his attack" defense is 99.9% faultless.
The proper tactical mindset is to “run, hide, fight” with the idea that that strategy will result in your surviving the confrontation and living to give your testimony (hopefully the ONLY testimony) in court. Following some attorney’s advice to first hose the perpetrator down with pepper spray when you are justifiably in fear of your life may look good from the attorney’s perspective, but is NOT the best response tactically speaking. I would much rather tell the judge “I ran. I hid. And then I still had to fight!”, than to tell the judge “I first hosed him down with pepper spray”, or worse, that you never get to speak with the judge because while you were diddling with your pepper spray your skull was caved in. Attorneys may know the law, but they are NOT gunfighters.

I'm also an old Veteran. I have carried concealed since 1975. I purposely do NOT go where I might be a victim of violence, but, if I am ever attacked, or have to defend my wife or other family member, things will get very ugly, very messy very quickly. Like the saying going around these days: "If you have to fight, fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark, and it is starting to rain."
This is the way!

Only been in one police shooting (my tour in the Nam doesn’t count…too target rich). That was 30 years ago and I retired on a disability pension out of it. My input is that when the suspect went to his waistband and drew a shiny object from it, my system went into overdrive. Right hand went down, drew my 5904 and brought it to eye level, without a thought. In retrospect I was astounded at how quick I responded. At 79, my reflexes are probably not as strong, but I have a better excuse to shoot to stop, called being fragile.

Only been in one police shooting (my tour in the Nam doesn’t count…too target rich). That was 30 years ago and I retired on a disability pension out of it. My input is that when the suspect went to his waistband and drew a shiny object from it, my system went into overdrive. Right hand went down, drew my 5904 and brought it to eye level, without a thought. In retrospect I was astounded at how quick I responded. At 79, my reflexes are probably not as strong, but I have a better excuse to shoot to stop, called being fragile.
Thank you for your service sir.

Back