testtest

Winter changover

Sld1959

Hellcat
That time of year again when young men's fancies turn, wait wrong topic. That time of year when all Michiganders start wearing at least a second shirt or two. So it's time for my semi annual change over of edc.

Changed to the model 60, and this year added a Streamlight to carry in my leather jacket pocket. The additional light is because I go to work in the dark. Come home in the dark, and generally spend a lot more time in the darkness.

20211113_130450.jpg

Even though I’m pretty much recovered from my surgery, I still carry my Ruger LCP yet, I know it’s not the best choice, but it is comfortable to carry
I will still very often carry the Taurus 380 revolver in my hip pocket over winter. Especially just hanging around the house or visiting the grandkids where I might be playing on the floor with them.

It's convient. It's super comfortable, it's extremely hidden and non threatening. And for anything less than going through heavy winter clothing I am confident in the .380.

20210613_120113.jpg

I really don't change...heavy winter jackets really don't have whole lot of effect on bullet performance, assuming your bullet performs well in barrier testing.

Wouldn't you want that year-round, anyway?

I will start slipping a Sticky-holstered 442 in the off-side coat pocket, in addition to whatever else I'm carrying.

I really don't change...heavy winter jackets really don't have whole lot of effect on bullet performance, assuming your bullet performs well in barrier testing.

Wouldn't you want that year-round, anyway?

I will start slipping a Sticky-holstered 442 in the off-side coat pocket, in addition to whatever else I'm carrying.
Don't ask me why, but always have liked carrying a pistol in summer, and a revolver in winter for concealed carry. Maybe get bored easy?

However I do carry a revolver in my hip pocket in warm weather, or jacket pocket in cold weather, about 90 percent of the time. Partly to arm my wife who seldom carries.

The pistol used to be my commander in 45 acp, or the Makarov, before I sold off all my "4s". Now it's the Browning 1911.

For the most part, the same 2 semi autos years round. Only difference is I'll use a light grease on the slides in the summer and a very light oil during winter. Don't know if it really matters or not but the grease during the summer seems to last a longer, especially during the long motorcycle trips where the guns, even while concealed, are exposed more to winds, humidity, heat, sweat, etc while riding.

Even though I’m pretty much recovered from my surgery, I still carry my Ruger LCP yet, I know it’s not the best choice, but it is comfortable to carry
I'm glad to hear that the recovery is going well. I carried an LCP II as a backup/pocket gun for years. I bought a new LCP Max when Ruger released the model. While it is still primarily a backup gun, I find myself carrying the Max as my only firearm more often than I would've ever expected. IMO, .380 acp is absolutely sufficient for behavior modification purposes.

I'm glad to hear that the recovery is going well. I carried an LCP II as a backup/pocket gun for years. I bought a new LCP Max when Ruger released the model. While it is still primarily a backup gun, I find myself carrying the Max as my only firearm more often than I would've ever expected. IMO, .380 acp is absolutely sufficient for behavior modification purposes.
I was watching one of the gun shows on the Sportsman Channel awhile back and they talking about the .380, the host had a LCP II and was showing the FMC ammo was almost just as good for defense purposes as a hollow point was. So I carry the 95 gr fmc, just because it’s available where I live so I really don’t feel underpowered after seeing how much damage it did on there test media, also thanks, feeling a lot better and moving almost normal now.

I was watching one of the gun shows on the Sportsman Channel awhile back and they talking about the .380, the host had a LCP II and was showing the FMC ammo was almost just as good for defense purposes as a hollow point was. So I carry the 95 gr fmc, just because it’s available where I live so I really don’t feel underpowered after seeing how much damage it did on there test media, also thanks, feeling a lot better and moving almost normal now.
I did some testing with the Buffalo Bore hard cast. It's a very impressive round. I am planning on getting some for my 380s.

Back