testtest

Winter Time Reading

C. Sumpin

Custom
Daylight is short and opportunity for increased reading is here; What books (non firearms/hunting related) are recommended? What has stuck with you from the past; impacted your life/worldview? Or recent publications that you can't wait to get your hands on? Mostly a non fiction person but open to consider anything. I'll offer a short list of my own later. Thank You.

I just finished Outlaw Platoon which I found to be really good. It's a non-fiction real life account by Captain Sean Parnell of the 10th Mountain division who lead a platoon that called themselves the Outlaws who deployed to Afghanistan in the early days of the war to operate out of a remote FOB near the Pakistan border.

I just finished Outlaw Platoon which I found to be really good. It's a non-fiction real life account by Captain Sean Parnell of the 10th Mountain division who lead a platoon that called themselves the Outlaws who deployed to Afghanistan in the early days of the war to operate out of a remote FOB near the Pakistan border.

If it's only half as good as The Rise and Fall of Major Jim Gant, I'm all in. Thanks Ten.

Currently reading or read recently
Longmire series
The Longships Frans Gunner Bensington
Jim Bowie and the Sandbar fight
us and allies military knives WWII
Pilgrims journey volumes 1 and 2 Mark A Baker
Sons of a trackless Forrest Mark A Baker
History of Marbles knives
Build the Kentucky Longrifle

I hated History in school, but I've enjoyed reading about it since leaving it. The birth of America and the Revolution. Early American president biographies such as Lincoln, Adams, Jackson, etc. Civil War battles, strategies, leaders/officers, etc. The West. Gunfighters. Lewis and Clark. Gold fever and the exploits around it. I also enjoy crime, thrillers, and mysteries. I do read the real news and follow politics to stay informed. 0

Some of my favorites over the last year:
- The Confessions - St. Augustine
- The Count of Montecristo - Alexandre Dumas
- Economics In One Lesson - Henry Hazlett
- A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
- Ethics - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Proper Distinction Between Law and Gospel - C.F.W. Walther

Back