testtest

Wishing for a Revolver from Springfield Armory

Hex

Alpha
This is just a random post. I would love to see a revolver developed in the Springfield Armory line of products. It would be great in a gun collection and of course for conceal carry options for those who still prefer revolvers for edc.

I have to agree with Hans, I don't believe much more can be done except offer different finishes.
Capacity and caliber with the different frame sizes are already maxed out from five to eight rounds.
Now what I would like to see, not to hijack the post since manufacturers brought back the High-Power.
I would like Smith&Wesson bring back the third generation semis to their classic line.

Hmmm a new and interesting revolver from Springfield. Tough sell as Hans mentioned.

How about something old, nostalgic and unique. Like maybe a British Bulldog replica. That might be fun to own and shoot in modern calibers. Probably not a huge seller but maybe enough to make worthwhile, or maybe not lol just an idea.

300px-WebleyBBD.JPG

And make a High Power that had issues, drop the 911 series and introduce the Prodigy which I kinda like
And can bring up the AR platforms and or most every gun manufactured. Change the color, slide cuts/angles, .1" longer or shorter. Well we do have a 16.5" 50bmg pistol @ 16.5#s. oh ya you'll need a foregrip on that puppy! Is it going to be the next popculture gun in a movie?

No, look up what a jovino effector is. It's not a factory gun, but a custom. It came with a round but. Calibers varied. 44mag, 41 mag, 45acp and 45 colt. Jim Cirillo liked them.

63457569534d7cdff9ca5d61905b136a795d3fc4b1d56.jpg
If memory serves were they not, maybe still are, stock Smith and Wesson revolvers he then took/takes and customized with action jobs and various enhancements? Heard he does nice work.

Last edited:
If memory serves were they not, maybe still are, stock Smith and Wesson revolvers he then took/takes and customized with action jobs and various enhancements?
Yes. Chopped the barrel and made a round butt. I don't even know if Jovino exists anymore. They were a gun shop in NYC that catered to the PD mostly. I went in there once, a long time ago. Those old smiths with action jobs were hard to beat. I had a model 15 with an action job and it was the smoothest pistol I've ever shot. If you couldn't keep shots in a 2-3" off hand at 25 yards, there was something wrong with you. It was amazing.

Back