testtest

Wood heat

Belt Fed

Hellcat
How many of you burn wood for heat, been doing it about all my life. also been lucky to be able to cut my own wood. never have i had to buy any.

Once you get used to it gas heat seems cold. lol But it's hard work dropping trees, bucking, splitting and stacking. i used to hand split for years with a 24 pound monster maul and had a motorcycle wreck that one year and hurt my hand and wrist and had a yard full of wood to split. knew i wasn't going to be able to swing that maul so i bought a hydro splitter. never looked at the maul again.

This is my newer stove when it was new. it's over 10 years old now.

chainsaws 343.jpg

How many of you burn wood for heat, been doing it about all my life. also been lucky to be able to cut my own wood. never have i had to buy any.

Once you get used to it gas heat seems cold. lol But it's hard work dropping trees, bucking, splitting and stacking. i used to hand split for years with a 24 pound monster maul and had a motorcycle wreck that one year and hurt my hand and wrist and had a yard full of wood to split. knew i wasn't going to be able to swing that maul so i bought a hydro splitter. never looked at the maul again.

This is my newer stove when it was new. it's over 10 years old now.

View attachment 35072
Nice stove. I had an identical one in a house I lived in in central ID back in the late 90's.

Cut (with a Husqvarna 262XP ) & used a lot of bug-killed lodgepole pine on FS lands.

Had a 4x8 trailer to haul cut rounds & split it all with a maul. Used about 4-5 cords per winter.

A lot of work, and wish I had a wood stove now for a back-up heat source.

1981 through 2004 when our house burned to the ground we heated only with wood. I cut wood for myself , for my mom and dad , and helped my youngest brother - in - law get his wood in. I also cut and sold wood.

I owned a sthil 041 farm boss and it was a great saw till it burned with the house. After that we moved to town and I never cut another piece of wood.

I used to work at a place that made Timberland wood burning stoves and then they made a few changes and called them Old Timer stoves. The Old Timer stove is what we heated with.

1981 through 2004 when our house burned to the ground we heated only with wood. I cut wood for myself , for my mom and dad , and helped my youngest brother - in - law get his wood in. I also cut and sold wood.

I owned a sthil 041 farm boss and it was a great saw till it burned with the house. After that we moved to town and I never cut another piece of wood.

I used to work at a place that made Timberland wood burning stoves and then they made a few changes and called them Old Timer stoves. The Old Timer stove is what we heated with.
Nice looking stove.

One of my twin grandsons stacking firewood for me.
I enjoy cutting/splitting firewood. Our Lopi wood stove supplements our natural gas furnace on colder days.

Attachments

• 20220903_150144.jpg
    20220903_150144.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
Back